I'm so tired of the phrase unconscious bias. I'm tired of the phrase micro aggression. I'm tired of people correcting me for weird things. I'm tired of not being good enough for this brave new world.
When I joined my company I had been a lifelong progressive. Now I'm almost feeling more aligned with conservatives. (not idiots like Trump, I'm not completely psychotic yet)
I haven't lost my empathy for disadvantaged groups. I'm just really tired. I am tired of the huge amount of victimization that has crept into progressivism. I'm tired of the huge focus on trivialities that just don't seem important to me. Really, you are correcting some innocent use of traditional language... when rape is common place? That's almost insulting...
But I have to keep my mouth shut. Because what I'm most tired of is that progressive thought had been taken over by mob mentality.
I know I sound like some troll. I posted this to the women's group because I was hoping to avoid invigorating the ultra conservatives. I love progressive thought, but not this weird fringe progressive thought...
- Microsoft dimleftedMAGA is a trump slogan but applies to anyone who is getting tired of literally getting beaten into submission of a thought process that only allows those to thrive only by playing the victim at all times.
In addition, I know not all libs are left of socialist - but the MSM, major tech companies, and the Crats arent doing much to make those who are right of socialist think otherwise.
- One thing to mention is you’re better off supporting Trump. Even if you don’t like the person at least support his policies, even if it’s just in parts as you learn more. The alternative is hard core progressives winning next time and trying to implement their made up “democratic socialism”. You may not like Trump and that’s ok, but the alternatives are WAY worse. It’s also not uncommon to change political thinking as you get older and more economically informed. Do you really want someone left of Bernie to be in power?
- OP it's weird that you make this thread about being tired of victimization talk yet then say black people are victims of systemic discrimination in this country.
You don't speak for black people. Black people are not weak and they aren't sheep. We don't need people like you or other uppity blacks telling us that we're victims of systemic racism. That's only a tool to keep blacks mentally enslaved for political reasons.Oct 6, 20183
- My original point above was that if you are tired as a white person, you’d be fucked as a PoC in America. POC don’t have the luxury of being tired.
I read a question somewhere that went something like this: “Have you noticed that black people in tech tend to be freakishly talented in their respective roles?”.
This is because of all the bullshit that these people have had to overcome just to survive in the this system in addition to holding down skills to be competitive.
TC or GTFO!!Oct 7, 20181
- Starbucks qJxA27There are a lot of progressives that feel that same way you do. They’re just drowned out by the fanatics. Same thing happens on the right. Not all conservatives are are stuck in the 60s.
- +1. Especially at Google.
I'm really glad for the Google of 6 years ago that helped me realize some of my own biases and shift progressive.
The Google of the last 3 years has been a race to absurdity and I don't know when it will stop. 😐
- When I joined Google I felt like the company culture gave off an ethos of trying to be better people, but respecting differences with others. "Freedom of information and thought"
Now it projects an ethos of forcing others to be better people with shame and derision.
Feels like we went from libertarian to fascist pretty quickly.Oct 6, 20181
- Facing your own bigotry is always hard work and never gets easier. Don’t be deluded into thinking you’re accomplishing anything without doing the work of facing up to it. Calling yourself a progressive does not make progress. Quit being a coward.
- Expedia 🍟sriracha, maybe most of us don’t need this level of bombardment but it seems like some people have a thick enough skull that “don’t be a dick” has to be hammered into it with a nail.
The problem is figuring out how to deliver the message to the precise audience that needs to hear it but is the most reluctant to listen.