I started a new gig and I’m nervous. Coworkers seem to be helpful as well as have a sense of humor. Boss is very skilled and I look up to him. Work is engaging. The campus is breathtaking. Onboarding has been great. I am quirky and it looks like I’m going to fit right in. I’m also happy with the pay.
Has this happened to you? It feels surreal. Is this god giving me a break from the struggles of the last several years? Is this sustainable Blind?
- LinkedIn ushuLife is all about ups and down. Enjoy the great situation that youre in now, but never attach yourself to it. That way once the honeymoon period is up, you wont be disappointed.
- Usually I am able to spot red flags quickly. Honeymoon period is more of accepting the flaws gleefully. This feels different.
What could go wrong is coworkers no longer being helpful - a lot of that is up to me, how I manage these relationships. One time though there was hostility when the manager openly favored me.
- Try to root cause that happiness. Is it money ? Is it work ? Is it prestige ? Is it campus ? Identify ONE factor
- It’s a healthy and fun workplace. I don’t have family here, and rely on the workplace for fulfillment (trying to change this). It could also be that I am more grateful than ever - I was let go for reasons that are still a mystery, got the call literally when I was gowned and waiting for a mammogram. Turned out to be cancer a couple of days later. After 6 weeks and two surgeries I joined this gig.
- Nothing, no matter how good or bad, lasts forever.
Reflect on why you feel this way before the feeling fades. When you inevitably have a rough patch use that to try and remind yourself why you're there and recenter yourself around that.
- They are helping you since you are new. Give some time .
- Your team mates will help you for first few months and will answer all your questions . As soon as you hit that mark the answer from them will simply be “I am not really sure”. You would have to figure out by yourself - manager will no longer be nice and team mates will no longer help you.
- Amazon / Eng batouhi op! glad to hear that. do you mind sharing which org of apple you are at?
- StubHub ogAq23I’m not trying to take away from the good feelings OP, but I will point out that the major release is nearly out the door now (it’s why reviews happen this time of year).