Touching moments by managers

May 11 8 Comments

What are some moments when you got emotionally touched by your manager or are they all assholes ? πŸ˜’

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 8 Comments
  • Microsoft jT47lg
    Touched inappropriately or emotionally?
    May 11 1
  • Amazon BlueAvian
    Jokes aside... I was impressed when my manager said "You could have negotiated better when you joined, but here's a nice TC bump that I was able to get VP approval for. "
    May 11 0
  • Google snatch
    My manager kept me quitting secret till my visa got transferred. He was sad to see me go, but supported my decision to move on.
    May 11 0
  • Capital One / Other xTrb96
    Probably should get HR involved.
    May 11 0
  • Google dCyj41
    Never worked for an asshole. But if is very difficult (for me) to differentiate between manipulation and actual support/emotional connection. So now only really respond to actions.
    May 11 0
  • Microsoft jhvdoncdr
    A touching moment I can recall - our site was slowly being shut down, and in the end, my boss had to fire me and all of the team I was leading (and 90% of the other teams as well). I got a transfer to another site and thus hung around for some months till the legalities were being cleared, and during that he had to fire the remaining 10% or so and be fired himself. After that, he pulled me into a small room and gave a long, deep rant about how he’s fed up with all the bs that is going on. He just wanted to let it go for once himself too.
    May 11 0
  • Microsoft jhvdoncdr
    No, they are not all assholes. I have some that I am still very good friends with, even if we parted our ways. It is just as simple as being treated with integrity and as a human.

    That said, I have also ran into incredible bullshit, nepotism, insecurities and politics. This seems to be even more of a trend as I’ve grown into seniority - many seem to be afraid of people who can outperform their bosses.
    May 11 0