What do you guys think about the trade war ? Which side you are on ?
TOP 20 Comments
- New / EngDEV_ENVTrump finally did what had to be done. The trade relationship between US and China is unequal. US companies don't have access to Chinese market but China has full access to US market.
- I generally lean left and nearly against every decision the president has made.
Regarding trade war, I get what he is doing. America is not a manufacturing powerhouse anymore and he is trying to reverse that. Manufacturing though expensive in America does have more regulation.
Labor gets better treatment, environment regulation is better and American companies reduce their risk for ip theft.
I see trade war as incentive for companies to move their operations home. Also we reduce our need for sea transport which is unregulated and produce a lot of pollution.
- You are right. But some portion of it will move to USA which is important for the president base.
Even the manufacturing here is generally is more automated than elsewhere it still generates revenue in other forms( land rent, electric utilities) etc.
The administration recently ended an exception for Indian goods as well.
All I am saying is for his base it is a net positive.
- I blame Steve Jobs. He was the catalyst that made the world buy every manufactured item from China. There's no fixing the issue here.
- Always on the American side. Trump is trying to clean the swamp. His methods are not always the best but is trying to do the right thing.
China is a major manipulator and has been flouting all norms till now. It keeps its market closed but wants US to open everything up.
🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
BTW: I am an Indian with two American kids. So feel I have an obligation to this great nation.
- Sure as shit ain’t on China’s side. But the two two countries are now entangled. One cannot succeed without the other.
But the answer isn’t Trump. It’s the TPP.
- It was a very good plan that took a long time to negotiate. Likely far better than whatever outcome Trump will try and get. Hillary did back away from it. Everyone did. The TPP became toxic as soon as Trump rolled into the scene and started promising a pie in the sky of fixing everything with Trade, and it was felt that the TPP didn’t address all of the issues that needed to be addressed (it didn’t, but what trade deal does).May 161