Has anyone made the transition from working in Apple retail to HQ? What was the process like? And how often does this happen?
- Apple qzlb81I know many people who have done this (mostly into some form of an engineering role, QE etc.). Nearly all came in as CEs.
- Apple wa95014If you’re all hourly, you might find yourself very sad when you go salary.
Personally know about 9 people that have done retail to Corp and end up between 120-140 after overtime because they’re hourly. Will drop to around 90-100 after that promo.
Also, spending hundreds of thousands in student loans? If you look at education like a long term investment, it can pay off to have 75-100k in student loans since those individuals are likely starting around 125-180k/yr salaried and the trajectory is better.
- How could I go from being a part time genius while in college to getting an internship with Apple without doing a CE?
- Myself and several of my friends did! Your best chance is to do a career experience. When you’re down here express your interest in moving to corporate early, and that will allow you to gauge whether their dept has openings. I also recommend checking out careers@apple and finding jobs that interest you and emailing the recruiters from those ads to meet for coffee.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Amazon opWH45Tell us more about your background. What do you do in retail and what you are looking for in your career? Like are you an Associate who wants to do finance or are you a store Mgr who wants to move to ops ?
Flagged by the community.