Transferring H1-B twice in a row?

Microsoft Drizzzy
Sep 24, 2018 9 Comments

Hi all,

I recently started at Apple as a senior swe 1 month ago.

However I kept interviewing and now have two other offers that are $80-100k higher in total comp. Is it recommended to switch jobs in such quick succession? I do understand that it'll take 4-6months with the new premium suspension thing but I'd love to start the transfer process.

Has anyone had experience with this? Would appreciate some input.

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 9 Comments
  • Microsoft hawk5
    It is okay to transfer as many times.

    You can join just based on the receipt (don’t have to wait for the approval). But again it can be seen somewhat risky and that it is a decision you need to make.

    Check with lawyers of the companies that gave you the offers and clarify all things b4 joining.
    Sep 24, 2018 0
  • Microsoft / Mgmt Typescript
    Yes it’s ok - I have done it too. With premium processing delayed anyways you cannot join anywhere for 5-6 months
    Sep 24, 2018 0
  • Qualcomm / Eng Trinity05
    Are companies willing to wait that long with no premium processing ? One of the faang company told me they won't last week.
    Sep 24, 2018 2
    • F5 Networks / Eng 1u2ir8v3f7
      Which one was it?
      Sep 24, 2018
    • F5 Networks / Eng 1u2ir8v3f7
      Sounds like Facebook to me.
      Sep 24, 2018
  • Xilinx miaomiaomi
    If both approved, will the later one override the first one
    Sep 24, 2018 1
    • Microsoft bOxK
      H1b approvals don’t work that way. The second approval does not override the first. You can have approval notices from both companies (or more too) in hand and choose to work for whichever you want at that point, provided that company hasn’t revoked your petition.
      Sep 25, 2018
  • Cisco ahsufuevqi
    yes
    Sep 29, 2018 0
  • Microsoft Drizzzy
    OP
    Thanks guys. Did this impact your GC priority date or status in anyway? I haven't yet asked Apple to file it and I'm hoping Microsoft hasnt revoked it yet
    Sep 24, 2018 0