He is on Twitter demanding a long sentence for those who provided evidence against him, like Cohen, while praising people guilty of far worse crimes, like Manafort, who didn't willingly cooperate with the investigation.
If he wasn't President he'd be in jail now. It's incredible the number of crimes he commits on a daily basis.
- Stop conflating different concepts. Indicting Trump on criminal charges is a legally gray area. Justice Kavanaugh (and likely Mueller iirc) are of the opinion that in holding the office of the president, Trump is protected from being charged and tried under the justice system.
The House of Representatives can always impeach the president over anything at all (“we don’t like what he ate for breakfast this morning” is, legally speaking, a perfectly valid reason to raise articles of impeachment).
The senate will then hold a trial for the President and vote on whether they believe his actions are worthy of removing him from office.
Mueller’s investigation is most likely irrelevant until the House receives his final report, and then the House may choose to act on it.
- ^^ this-
And what I’m saying is that the Senate CAN remote him. While a President hasn’t been removed to date, Clinton was very close. They can, but they don’t.
Is Trump an unnamed conspirator? Yes, is Trump family in Trouble? Yes. Is it best to wait for the Democrats to take the House committees? Yes.
2019 is going to be interesting on this front.
- Witness tampering is a serious federal crime, as is bribing a foreign head of state, lying to Congress, and obstructing justice. All those meet the test of "bribery, high crimes and misdemeanors".
If he were not President he would be charged. If the GOP Senate were not protecting him he would be impeached.
Every one of those is a serious change, unlike, say, getting a consensual blow job from an intern. Let's let that one cancel out Trump's documented history of non consensual sex and his hiring prostitutes. (If Trump were a Democrat the GOP would already have impeached him for paying for sex.)
- I agree. Plenty of actual crimes have likely been committed by Trump, his children, his associates and appointees. His administration is rife with crimes. I was only responding to the claim that the House could impeach for literally anything. They can’t. But they can impeach Trump and probably Pence too.
But there’s no way the Senate would play ball anyway.
- Facebook TrbujwdBy your standards I guess GoFundMe is tampering with witnesses too. Lying Dr Ford cashed out a cool million dollars for her little acting role. Break out of your TDS, seek help.
- No the can't, he is the subject of the investigation. Anyone else is not.
If anyone else did what he did they would have been arrested. It's clearly illegal for the subject of an investigation to attempt to influence the witnesses in that investigation. It's a very clear law.
He's also clearly implying that he would pardon those who lie and work to stonewall the investigation and will not do so for those who cooperate. That is additionally criminal.
- eBay Lol eBaMy guess is that they are waiting to see if muller has any smoking guns. If he does those can be the start of the impeachment process. If he doesn’t, these daily things might be used. Despite what cnn says they probably won’t go anywhere since the gop owns the senate.