His address was just a compilation of his tweets over the last couple weeks.
Chuck called trump a baby throwing a temper tantrum. Lol omg
His address was just a compilation of his tweets over the last couple weeks.
- Atlassian / Eng Luffy, M.DmoreBoth talking to the base. Nobody on either side going to be swayed by the other. Plenty of folks in the middle still going to be sick of both
Flagged by the community.
- I don’t think you understand the sheer size of 2,000 mile border and what it takes to man or maintain a wall that long. Billions of dollars each year. And for what? False sense of security and Trumps ego? Grow up. If you worried about Americans being murdered push for gun law reform. If you worried about terrorists, round up all these white nationalists. If you worried about the humanitarian crisis of the people trying to cross the border then increase the judges and make the path to illegal entry more efficient. If you worried about drugs then stop them from coming through on ships and plays and mail. If you are just worried about national border security in general, then increase funding for security measures suitable for our era.
All your worries have nothing to do with a wall.
- I could have read all the points you parroted on Twitter 🙄 And please, stop with the false dichotomies. It’s not border security or gun control. Unless all Americans killed or raped by illegals have been killed and raped with guns, border security is still important. We have immigration laws, we need to enforce them.Jan 9 1
- Autodesk nghiihh@leet_away - You sound so authoritarian, since laws are something we come up for convenience of living, but arent actually updated to fit the times and needs of societies around the world? Have you ever thought that these laws are written keeping the interests of certain groups of people and that is such selective breeding?
I am not against laws, but i hate dumb laws that doesnt make senseJan 10 0
- If Democrats wanted to do something they'd have done it. They haven't. Build the wall.
- Google anons2Trump cited a lot of statistics. Pelosi and Schumer cited a lot of emotions. Her face had difficultly speaking through the Botox.
- You didn’t listen at all. Trump said numbers around noncommittal words that you put together and made a statistic about. He did not cite anything real. He suggested them to you. Trump literally called it a crisis of the heart and of the soul. But that’s a statistic to you, not entirely emotional fluff.
Pel/Schu literally started with “let’s talk facts not emotion” and you say “oh god they all emotion.” Biiiiaaaassssss much?
- What numbers that Trump said are you calling into question, please be specific.
Are you assuming that because someone prefixes with “let’s talk facts not emotions” it must absolutely mean anything to follow are facts and not emotions?
You do realize how silly that is, no?
- Anyone else noticing the double standard here? GWB asked for prime time to address immigration. The networks gave it to him. It was 99% false and misleading talking points.
In 2014 Obama asked for prime time coverage to address the nation on immigration. All of the networks refused saying it would be an overly politicized move.
In 2019 Trump asks for prime time coverage to address the nation on immigration and the networks fall over themselves to give it to him, and it’s nothing from canned tweets and complete falsehoods and misrepresentation of facts.
And yet we are to believe there is a liberal bias in the media?
- You’re getting owned here and so you’re thrashing and calling everyone garbage because they’re using your own evidence against you to prove you’re wrong. Facts are facts.
Obama deported so many illegals we had a six year period where we had a net zero illegal immigration with Mexico. He did it without a wall. He did it by focusing on dangerous criminals and not deporting families and children. He did it by hiring competent people to run the departments. He was so effective he was called the “deporter in chief”, and we had no hysterical atmospherics about the border like Trump of fulminating about. Trump is manufacturing all of it. We had caravans under Obama. They’ve always been coming. What’s so different now?
Trump isn’t getting his wall by holding a million government workers and their families as hostage. He need to grow the fuck up and learn to negotiate. If he wants money for a wall, he needs to govern for it. That’s how bills are passed and you don’t risk defaulting the credit of the US government to do to.
This has nothing to do with border security. We have border security. Border security isn’t a 2700 mile wall on the souther border that isn’t going to work.
- They didn’t change their minds. A fence is not a wall.
If trump wanted a wall and this isn’t a political stunt, WHY DIDNT THEY TRY TO PASS ANYTHING BEFORE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER THE HOUSE AND THEY HAD 0 SHOT AT PASSING IT.
EVERYONE BUT TRUMP WANTS TO FUND GOVERNMENT WITHOUT A WALL, EXCEPT TRUMP. IT IS ALL TRUMP.
- They could have easily packaged the spending in a bill and rammed it through using reconciliation with a simple majority vote like they did the tax bill. Could have done it in the exact same bill in fact.
They didn’t because really the GOP couldn’t pass wall funding with a majority vote. They don’t have the votes. Didn’t then and still don’t today.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- New me2you.Obama roasted Trump at press dinner....
Trump wins presidency and reverts Obamas policies....
Priviledged liberals blinded by arrogance thinking everyone else is stupid is why strongman are winning all over the world.
Most people want whiney liberals to shut up and contribute to society and not whine over trivial emotional matters
- I almost fell asleep during the response. I don’t know what you have been watching but Trump came out on top here. Chuck and Nancy had to explain why they oppose border security and they came up short.
- There’s proof that walls/fences actually work well: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_border_barrier
- Agreed. And border agents think there are more effective ways. $150 ladder from Home Depot solves a $5bn wall problem.
- That’s one person’s opinion. Meanwhile the cpb union, the head of the cpb during the Obama period who was kicked out by the current administration (so it’s not like he has any interest in saying this) all state that the border wall is effective. Other countries barriers successfully from Hungary to Israel to India and many others. If it’s useless whey did the us build more and more of it over time? Why did the Democrats support it time and time again, except now?
- Microsoft NoobDevhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/trump-won-the-night-schumer-and-pelosi-lost/2019/01/08/890ce9d8-13bd-11e9-b6ad-9cfd62dbb0a8_story.html
“And, most important, Pelosi and Schumer failed to use the one word that millions of Americans were longing to hear — compromise. But Trump did. That is why the president won the night. Schumer and Pelosi appealed to their base, while Trump made an effective appeal to persuadable Americans.
Until now, Trump has owned the 18-day government shutdown that prompted this address, because he’s the one who started it. But if Democrats continue to attack him, and won’t entertain any compromise, soon the shutdown will be all theirs — because they’re the ones who have refused to end it.”
- Both sides want government shutdown to end. Except trump won’t end it unless he gets a wall. That sounds like 1 side wants something to end shutdown. Wall is more important to him than ending shutdown. Therefore shutdown is and always will be his. It’s simple logic. Trump said he owned, then said it’s democrats fault. He flip flops more than me at the beach. Democrats trying to fund the government. Trump just wants a wall.
- Whenever it's baffling you how stupid Trump is just talk to one of his supporters and it will make sense again real quick
- American people who want the wall are whinny rich fucks who doesnt really give a shit about efficiency and wasting money on toys
- Google TYAPUIsrael's border wall is effective at preventing suicide bombing attacks and illegal immigrants.
Same goes for the one Spain created with Morocco.