Trump supporters: What lies do you tell yourself to make it better?Nov 30
Everyone surrounding him is going to jail or taking a plea deal. His Russian ties are finally out in the open. Republicans got crushed in the midterms. (would have been total annihilation without gerrymandering) He’s obviously corrupt and guilty. You’re going to look like an idiotic fool for supporting him. It’s clear you lie to yourself to make it all better. So, what is it that makes all the pesky truth, logic and science go away so you can justify your mental handicap? Fluoride in the water? Deep state?
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Facebook randomizerMore like lesser of two evils. When he starts hurting the country, the support will end. With Democrats we would have had amnesties for illegal immigrants (incentivizing even more of it), China stealing our tech and destroying US manufacturing base, invasion of Syria (or at least destruction of its government), higher taxes, crappy TPP and NAFTA deals, and Supreme Court judges that would wreck first and second amendments. For all that, it's worth holding my nose and voting for TrumpNov 305
- The fact that you're so happy about a special counsel freely acting like an oppo research firm to benefit a specific party only proves that the justice system in this country is seriously corrupt.
Obama had an AG who was the only AG in history to be held in contempt of congress for refusing to give up subpoenaed documents. No firings and no indictments for him. In fact democrats now consider him a potential presidential pick.
- Yes, we're about to lol @ you
- Not a trump supporter..but, I hope you know that if FBI wants, they can indict you for a ham sandwich. If FBI, starts looking on the other side, the dominos will start falling very quickly.
- Agreed. Liberals are wrong to put their trust in the FBI just because Trump is so bad. An antagonist of your enemy is not always your friend.
In this case, the FBI has been given more power for years by Bush and Obama - power they have used to harass Muslims and, in recent years, concoct a “black identity extremist” category as an excuse to violate free speech rights and spy on black activists. (Meanwhile their own research showed that white nationalist terrorists were the largest and fastest-growing terror-threat in the US but the FBI claimed that they didn’t have the resources to investigate this — until they suddenly they found the resources after the mail-bomb guy and Nazi mass-shooter.)
We’re not much better off if the hyenas chase away the lions that are eating us.
Trump needs to be forced out of office politically. The “resistance” needs to act a little more like the tea party (well hopefully act better than them) to stymie Trump (like at the airport protests) but also prevent elected Democrats from defaulting to their usual equivocating, moderate path.Nov 303
- Trump is a crook who has just accelerated our industrial demise. Tariffs, anti intellectual policies, anti smart immigrants, anti tech, anti renewables..
are all accelerating the demise of America. The only and only reason America was so great before was that there were no alternative markets for the world to sell into.
Today, there EU, China, India and South East Asia. Any one of them is enough of an alternative market that doing business in US is not worth the hassle anymore.
The general attitude outside the US is : Why would anyone do business in a country that wants to go back to horse carriages and steam engines while the rest of the world wants to innovate towards flying cars?
- Because the world doesn't hate America as much as America hates the world.
Most of the world isn't adversarial. They're only looking for business. If America chooses not to be a business partner, they'll move along.
See: GM, Ford (only 2 American car companies who can't sell jack shit in other countries) vs the tens of car companies in other regions who are able to make better cars and sell them in the US. Nobody gives a fuck about bureaucratic, old fashioned and dictatorial US anymore.
- Why would they care about these things? They like him for “putting other people in their place” which makes them feel bigger and they like him for upsetting the “libtards” which also makes them feel bigger.
- Luckily, the administration’s policy has been the best in a generation and literally every stat you can think of is better than two years ago. Even the IPCC 2030 climate change forecast came down 25%. Even morons like the OP are probably employed. Trump can do no wrong.
- Ya know, election night 2016, I thought that’s nice, not really going to impact my life, life will be the same tomorrow as the previous couple decades.
Then Rachel Maddow cried on MSNBC. And I thought, THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!
Last two years have just been one long continuation of that feeling.
- Getting crushed in midterms = "obviously corrupt and guilty"
That's where you lose any sensible audience.
- Google FazanJWhat lies do you have to tell yourself to believe that your worldview built totally on blaming a particular race and sex for all problems is evil and insane?
I do not care if Trump and Putin are gay lovers. I support him because he doesn't want me broke and dead. At least not according to his rhetoric, which is as much as anyone can hope for in democratic politics.
- Trump supporters justify supporting him by saying that after 2 years of investigation they found nothing on Trump. Next they will say that Mueller is lying because Trump only does the right thing. Sadly with so many loyalists in Congress it won’t be enough votes to impeach him (2/3 of senate is needed).
- Microsoft / EngdeadpanApparently the GOP leadership just doesn't think about it.