How do you deal with his total rejection of science and logic?
TOP 76 Comments
- Kirby, You’re probably talking about the California law about misgendering seniors. The one that says: “Any employees who willfully or repeatedly violate SB 219 could be charged with a misdemeanor and subject to punishment of a $1000 fine, or even up to one year in jail.”
So yeah... “willfully or repeatedly” - it’s not about an “oops, I didn’t know” situation... it’s about “I know, but choose not to respect your wishes or provide you with equal care or treatment” situation. The law isn’t even about pronouns, it’s meant to prevent old age homes from abusing LGBT people or rejecting them from care due to their sexuality.
Again... you are scared of a straw-man, urban legends made up by people with an ideological ax to grind.
- I ain’t scared of anything, especially not lunatics on the Left. Just as countless other silly initiatives, this too will be pushed to such an absurd level that you will be regretting it daily.
How DeGrasse Tyson doing by the way? How many people do you estimate just had an epiphany that “this believe women crap is already getting out of hand?”Dec 2, 20183
- yea - im sure science says that there is a male, female, and (insert lunatic leftist scientific term here)
- @meliodas pretty much. My favorite so far is that differences are not real unless populations are completely separable by that one axis. Andy thinks that males and females are the same height on average since some women are taller than some men I guess. Its adorable. I love MAGA science
- My hypothesis is called "null hypothesis" or "default position". It's the very basic fundamental step for scepticism. Until sufficient evidence/ falsifiable methodology exists to investigate a claim, I don't believe that claim just because someone claims it.
Look up burden of proof. I am not making a claim. I am simply disbelieving your claim that scientific standard exists for transgenderism. And you have not given me any evidence or falsifiable methodology to differentiate an actual transgender person vs a person lying to be transgender.
If a person comes to me and says he was abducted by alien, I don't believe even though he may have experienced it and could be real. Until I see objective evidence and falsifiable methodology I don't need to believe it. Or if they claim they saw an angel or some god.
- By the way I am Indian, can't vote. I am neither democratic nor Republican. I just find it incredibly funny how both parties uses/rejects science to fit their propaganda.
Not a trump fan, he literally made my life difficult with legal immigration roadblocks (Visa transfer hurdles and so on). I am probably more anti-trump than you are.
- Yes but there is no objective standard to identify one person as a Christian.
That's why religion based screening that trump wanted to use was so laughable. He wanted to ban Muslims, how would he do that, if one enters claiming he is a Christian or any other religion. There is no test to identify who is Muslim or who is Christian.
Goths, don't know a lot about them, sorry.
- Andy I still think you need to learn more about what science is and how a null hypothesis works.
As an example, say you claim that all transgender people are faking or lying, and are fundamentally their birth gender. This suggest a null hypothesis that there are no physiological differences between cis and trans people (before hrt). The earlier study actually used that exact null hypothesis and rejected it statistically with the MRI measurements.
The best place to learn this imo is studying evolution. It's a tricky subject a lot of people have trouble with, specifically because it's not proven outright -- its defended by constantly knocking down null hypotheses that would disprove it. This is how hypothetico deductive reasoning, the fundamental mode of scientific progress, works.
It's usually not taught to engineers, who in my experience end up less able to think critically (and instead appeal to authority or convention as "facts")Dec 4, 20182
- We understand the science and logic of 2 party system.
Trump supporter does not agree with him 100% of time, but thinks he will be better than Ted Cruz or Hillary.
To the specific point of climate change, Elon musk solved it the right way. Which no govt could have.
- Yeah, learn how to deal with it in a democracy. Keep insulting them and they'll vote to spite you. Do you want them to turn? Try to understand them and find candidates who would take care of some of their issues.
If you're curious, set up a blind poll asking educational background of Trump supporters.
- Meanwhile, you libs think having a country overrun by 3rd world Crats is a great way to increase living standards in the US. Where's the logic in that...
- No need for hyperbole. Trump doesn’t reject all science and logic. He supports science and logic that agrees with his objectives.
- Google / Engchum leemoreI think there are 2 kinds of trump supporters. Those that have as low an IQ as him and it doesn't really matter to them. And others who are ok with him rubber stamping the conservative agenda and taking all the liberal ire for himself.
For example Mitch McAsshole is far more deterimental to everything but he can keep doing the damage behind the scenes while Trump clowns his way on the front stage. It's quite clever actually.
- Yeah science and deferment of decision upon the faculties of an unnamed, unknown group of people we know nothing about! How wonderful. Please tell me what to believe and how to act, oh scientific overlords.
What are we talking about a Chinese citizen in relation to the Chinese Communist Party? Or the Average American and their “scientists”? Who knows!
Find out in our next chapter of “don’t think, just listen”.