How much is a new RSU value for uber? I heard they set new price for $33. Any one got an offer recently with new valuation ? I had my offer with $48 valuation can I negotiate to match ?
TOP 42 Comments
- Uber DrewBThe 409a value and preferred value are just estimates. If you don’t believe Uber’s value at IPO will grow from now forward, it doesn’t make sense to join.
- No, no reason. Just a gut feeling. Of course you have more information from working there. It's also possible that you have an overly positive view from working there. I hadn't planned on leaving my job for uber. Seeing the defensiveness makes it somewhat less attractive, too.
- Fs92, you said “it makes more sense to divide by 2” of another company’s valuation (without knowing too much about it) and if employees defend it you think that’s bad? :) You actually want to work at a company where employees believe their company should be valued half of its current worth? Do you think Netflix should be worth half of now? If employees are bullish of their own company, I believe that’s a good sign not bad.Feb 21, 2018 2
- LinkedIn BdbdncFake news. I think you are referring to softbank offer to buy shares at 30% discount price
- I can’t believe we gave op an offer at all, what kind of idiots are we forced to hiring after last years media cycles? Wow I have no words, the worst part is this cucks offer is probably way better than legitimate talent we hired in 2015/2016
- Preferred share price is still 48 and I believe the offers will be based on that.
- What’s an actual price? Actual price will get set on IPO, until then it’s guesswork.
For pre-IPO companies, preferred share price is typically used for offers, since if the IPO happens at the valuation of the last round, then the stock market price will be the preferred share price. Uber’s valuation is right now 72b, which corresponds to 48.77 share price.
However, SoftBank did a secondary transaction with Uber’s valuation just at 48b - so would that be Uber’s vlauation now? Typically no, since secondaries are typically always lower than investment price.Feb 20, 2018 7
- You can always negotiate but base it on your own skills and other offers. Negotiating Uber's valuation is unlikely to work and also doesn't make sense to join the company if you think is overvalued
- Uber 609609I stopped reading after op said “ceo set the price”. Op has no financial sense at all. Yes please don’t join us.
- Uber DownshiftRSU value is still the same. It is the price at which investors choose to buy a share today. As the IPO approaches the 409 value and this price will converge and each of your RSUs will become a common stock. So 70b is a good number to go by. Everything is subject to change of course, but that’s the risk you get rewarded for if it plays out well.
- You know 409A is internal only and confidential right? sharing this on blind seems extremely irresponsible, and possibly will get you fired if your identity is made known
This comment was deleted by original commenter.