We all know what the shiny, cool companies in the area are.... But what are examples of "unsexy" companies where the people who work there seem really happy? For example, I have a friend who worked with McDonald's digital strategy team, and he loved it.
TOP 399 Comments
- They're all unsexy. Only money matters. We're all whores. Stop pretending
- Symantec GOGD46give me a good manager, and a healthy comp package. I'm not 19, I don't care about sexy.
- I'm in the product development group and have limited interactions with the agents. Agent culture is totally different and separate from tech culture from what I've been told. I think it helps that we are salaried whereas they earn commission. My department is super chill though, and I've never worked with better people. We get to use whatever tech stacks we want and there's very little red tape. Leadership works really hard to support personal growth and encourage innovation and we basically have a flat org structure outside of our tech leads. It's like an alternate corporate reality lol.
- New vcxmeAnother vote for Walmart. You might get shit for saying you work at Walmart, but you get to work with a modern stack for the second largest online retailer in the USA.
- Basically, I've found that any company doing non-consumer app work has a generally better lifestyle. Sure, it's cool to tell your friends you built a new dog shit scooping app, but it pales in comparison to being given stock that's worth ACTUAL MONEY™.
- Intel yAIG75how tf has no one from Intel commented. we're the definition of unsexy
- Friend of a friend works for Walmart and is hella hyped on it
- Gap stackableOPI like it! (although I don't have a lot to compare it to). In general, people are smart, focused, kind, and cooperative. It's a pretty laid back environment. Most people don't work into the evenings or on weekends, so if work life balance is important, it's a solid place.Jul 25, 2017 5
- Twilo's culture is super great and I love working here. We work on cool stuff in a super supportive environment. I don't know if I'd call it sexy, everyone thinks I say "Trulia" when I tell them where I work, but it's definitely 💯
- Beachbody / Product koWw45Beachbody (makers of P90X). Started video streaming/ digital division 2.5 years ago. Good pay. Minimal politics. A little stuck in the past from a tech perspective. Everyone naturally gets into the fitness lifestyle - I've had SVPs show up to a meeting sweating in their workout clothes and hold court. Pretty awesome.
- Almost no one is happy there. Have you SEEN glassdoor reviews?? Have you SEEN the CEO approval rating? Please do not paint a rosy picture to falsely promote a company culture that doesn't exist. The facts are; there was a mass layoff earlier this year, no one got bonuses for 2016, business is still suffering, $800m for 2016, most likely half for 2017, morale is all time low, a CTO that's not even an engineer.. Those are facts. To answer your question, no not there anymore but know plenty that are still there and most are interviewing. If you can't even sense this you need to open your eyes. People are miserable there.Aug 13, 2017 1
- It says you're "eng". Are you an engineer? Somehow I doubt this. What function are you? Blind is about open anonymous honesty. You're lying here. What is your motivation to paint a false portrayal of beachbody? I said I'm not there but know plenty still on inside trying to leave. Even high level eng's. If you were an engineer you damn well know beachbody tech is outdated and nothing in the pipeline is interesting work. So again, what function in Eng are you?