I have an onsite interview at amazon in 4 weeks.
Right now I’m:
- going thru questions on Glassdoor
- practicing system design with a friend and watching YouTube videos
- reading about the leadership principles online on Glassdoor and some blogs (also going thru prep material sent by the recruiter)
This is for a L5 level role. Too cliche of a question but do I need to do anything else? Am I missing anything?
Thanks in advance!
- Goldman Sachs / Eng BePostiveHave you been solving Leetcode or Hackerrank or anything similar? Are you clear about all your DS and Algo questions and have you practiced enough?
- Goldman Sachs / Eng BePostiveYou should be good then. Apart from just going through the Leadership principles, make sure that you also have at least 2 stories for each principle. Of course, you can have the same story that might be apt for 2-3 different principles but make sure that you don’t use the same examples for more than 2 questions. And please try not to make up any stories on the spot because this is how it goes: They will ask you a simple harmless question and you give the answer. The next 15-20 mins will be about them asking you numerous, in-depth follow up questions with respect to the example you just gave above!
P.S.- I had my Amazon on site 1 week back (I got the offer).Jun 30 5
- Microsoft dnhe67ghAlso eat well before you go to interview. I had a whole day interview and didn't even take me to lunch or give me time. They gave me a tiny brown bag with cereal bar and chips. Don't know if they practice other leadership principals they preach, but they live by Frugality!
- Watch out for their Principles the recruiter must have told you about. They take that shit very seriously
- Uber / Eng itsdaraInsert at least 2 LPs in every other sentence. If you manage to get all 3 LPs in a sentence expect a high five from the interviewer and a strong hire incline.