I’m on the first year of my H1-B and got laid off since the startup I work for decided to let go the whole of the Machine Learning team. I worked as a Machine Learning Engineer for my team since July ‘17.
I’d get paid until the end of this month and then the 60 days H1-B grace period for job hunt.
I would really appreciate referrals or any piece of advice. I request no trolls please cause it’s been tensing for me as is.
- Microsoft Dr. RootWell, Blind does have a heart after all... Good to see so much positivity here !
- Zalando JMP2check this month’s who is hiring thread on hacker news. my best response rate was from there.
- Just be careful of where you apply, layoffs are becoming rampant even in big companies. Eg: Cisco laid off some 3k employees in last 4 yrs ( quiet affair)
This site lists all california reported layoffs, quite helpful IMHO if you're surviving on H1b
- Create a profile in hired.com and indeed prime. Both are free service and recruiter will contact you.
- Create a profile on hired.com and alist. You'll get a lot of interview requests