Sometimes I feel guilty playing video games being in my mid-30s - after work and on the weekend. Normal?
Current game: Elder Scrolls Online
What games do you play?
1472 VOTESALLOW MULTIPLE SELECTIONS
- Google Rly?RLY!?I'm 40 and play a shit ton of video games. My wife is 43 and plays more. No shame.
- Late 40s and still playing, what is wrong about it? Most of my friends switched over to watching throwaway Netflix series.
- Witcher 3 currently
Wrapped up assassin's creed origins and odyssey last month.
- Google pNSr28Anyone feel like Odyssey is just too big? I think I bit off more than I can chew. I don’t have much spare time with work, a toddler, and an infant. Wanted a game I could invest a couple hours a week and make decent progress. At this rate I feel like it’ll take a year to complete Odyssey. I enjoy the game, but also want to leave some space for other ones.
- Uber xxvegasEnjoy it while you can. After having kids, the only way I can do games is watch play through on YouTube while working.
- I play league and wish I had other engineers to play with. Every time I play and discord with people it’s high school kids or college drop outs. Feels bad man.
- Assassins Creed Odyssey, Injustice 2, Forza Horizon 4, Overwatch, Monster hunter, FIFA.
Waiting for Doom Eternal.
- It’s a very RPG heavy game - Too much time spent on crafting and upgrading weapons/skills etc. Wasn’t a big fan of the music, characters, storyline etc as the game seems to treat them as secondary. But I can see the potential in how deep and involved you can be with building complex weapon loadouts and shape your fighting style etc. Wasn’t really my thing, so loosing interest. I guess I was too spoiled by Assassin’s Creed series.
- I don't play. But I encourage my husband to play. Otherwise he is annoying me while I am enjoying my hobbies.
- New / ITArcticWolfFound this poll interesting and figured I’d share. I’m late 20s and I play games after work often...usually MMORPGs but pretty much all but sports games. My roommates are mid and late 30s and do the same. My father is mid 60s and also does the same.
I also admit that I play at work too...but only on break. Usually FPS games. One thing my father used to do was get his team together during lunch and those that wanted to, played Quake 2 team death match just to get away from work for an hour. When I heard about this I didn’t understand at first why he would. Skip 15 years later and I’m in a leadership position at my job in IT. The work can boring and monotonous...staff (age ranges 19-50) had little motivation to do anything and I needed to find a way to boost morale in the team. I worked with my HR and wanted to test the idea out so we have Unreal Tournament installed on our work machines and we do the team deathmatches during our lunch breaks. Within days the mood of the office made a complete 180 and my staff look forward to work. Everyone became more productive and more approachable (which to me is huge in IT since most people didn’t want to interact with our IT before they weren’t very engaging or empathetic...byproduct of miserable conditions).
Long story short. Lots of games :)
- Paychex payxdevThe only thing you should be ashamed of is not including FFXIV in the poll as a choice.
- Facebook eEkV05StarCraft and Overwatch as main stays. Single player games as they release. Running through RE2Make for the 5th time now.
- PCMR! Simulation/Racing games
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Fanatec Clubsport 2.5
Fanatec Formula steering wheel
GT-F1 Racing Seat
Custom built PC
i7 7700K (liquid cooled)
32 gig RAM
Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti
I have stopped counting the money spent. Probably more than 5k.
You should have hobbies and spend your personal time/money doing what you love!
- Atlassian / EngLuffy, M.DmoreI do turn based strategy (e.g. Civ and its relatives, mainly) which wasn't on there so I answered another RPG game