I like the car, planning to buy.
Would like to hear the reviews from existing onwers or if your friends/family have one especially the maintenance cost aspect
I like the car, planning to buy.
- Apple nicemanWhy this when gas cars are going to be less preferred sooner or later
- Xc90 has almost flat floor on the second row while s90 has big central tunnel
- That’s the drive shaft. SUVs have them too, but the chassis is higher up so you usually have a flat bed. What makes for comfortable seating in the back is height and leg room. The s90 actually feels more spacious with leg room even on the middle seat than the xc90 in the same position.
If you really need the 7 seater and you really need cargo space where you can fold down all the seats flat to fit large furniture or something, the get the xc90. But if you’re just hauling around 5 people 99% of the time, the s90 is actually more comfortable and luxurious, more practical, just as safe, and costs easily 10-15k less.Dec 24, 2018 0
- Well I just read the spec sheet for both cars and the s90 has 2 more inches of leg room than the xc90. So you can use that against you wife but I get that some things just aren’t worth arguing about.
The s90 is on my short list ahead of the xc90. But you’re right. There’s other options to look at as well.Dec 25, 2018 0
- BMW X5 is a great car, especially you want driving fun, pick up and acceleration are awsome. I test drove brand new Audi Q7 and my 6yr old car beats it hands down
I bought mine used at 30k miles, it was fun until 80k miles after which I has egine oil leeks, cooling system failure. The maintenance has been 2-3k/yr in last 2yrs.
- The xc90 is a really nice suv. Top of my list in that category.
But you can step up a notch and get a maxed out s90 for much cheaper if you don’t need the 3rd row seating. The sedan is very spacious and more luxurious than the xc90 and has the same safety standards.
- Apple julB03Why not a bmw, not in same class but recently bought an x1 over xc40. Just liked the general ‘feel’ better.
- GoDaddy / Eng czdoggmoreI have a 2016 XC90 inscription T6 and I love it. Comfortable ride, lots of tech that works well. Biggest complaint is that the nav system takes too long to start up so I switched to using CarPlay. Love that I have that option. My other complaint is that other people seem to like to hit my car when it is parked. Happened twice now. Pretty sure that's not Volvo's fault 🙂
- Amazon UUVv22Great car but the second row seats aren’t too comfortable. I was undecided between xc90 and q7 and decided to go with the latest q7. Some things that you take for granted in a luxury car like power steering adjustment, power third row, etc were missing in xc90 but were available in the Audi base model. That clinched it for me and the fact that the second row has the most comfortable and spacious seats in the category. The third row is tight in both(if you go with the xc90 t6). Overall the interiors are great in both. Audi just refreshed theirs in 2017 and it looks way better than the previous models. The virtual cockpit is simply awesome.
- Same dilemma. Currently own F15 but have to sell it due to relocation. Will not go with G05 as it has less space on the second row than F15 and diesel is no longer available.
From everything I've tried so far XC90 T6 Momentum is the best value for money. Does not accelerate as fun as X5, but rides a little bit softer.
I'm tired of driving like a moron on X5 (and if you don't, you dont need BMW :)) so coming to XC90
Q7 is ok but a little bit pricey
RX350 - not enough space, too small
Highlander feels extremely cheap
Ascent does not come with a bench seat in touring trim
Edge ST, well... Haven't tried it. Maybe new Nautilus - not yet released
If you want fun - XC90 is not your choice.
- Tableau Hrx763!We love our xc90 so much we actually bought a second xc90. Have owned them 2 years and haven’t had a single issue. Tech and drivability are amazing. They have completely redesigned inside and out and can tell they put tremendous thought into it the usability. I have also heard good things about the new xc40 but it is much smaller.