Walmart labs: (Sunnyvale ca)
60k joining bonus
15k/year stock (60k 4yrs)
Yearly bonus: (average 10%)
[they refresh 60k stock every year]
15k/annum joining (30k 2yrs)
Yearly bonus (average 5%)
I’m done with amazon
My current tc: 220k
Remaining is stock.
Unhappy with the growth and problems here. I feel like ops engineer more. I don’t want to spend even a day more.
(I’m not on pip or dev list, I’m just done)
I also do freelance and make up to 40k per year approximately but not guaranteed every year.
Walmart labs: (Sunnyvale ca)
- Not pip. I’m just burnt and kind of depressed about the ops work I’m doing. I want to build big and good things.
(I made 50k this year picking up a side freelance project and no tax on that. It gave me more happiness in seeing what I built and the capabilities I could use. )
- Comcast ichibanNeither. If you’re going to downgrade, might as well do it for > 50k TC or level bump
Edit: after OP updated TC, walmart is a clear winner. also SV will offer better future opportunities
- Walmart.com 🌲50OP, so far WalmartLabs is a winner based on comp, but our RSU structure is a joke. I can vouch for the work life balance here, it's very good and you will get very talented co workers too. However I will advise you to flaunt your WalmartLabs offer and get a better competing offer from Snapchat, Roku, Uber Airbnb etc and join them. But B4 you do that Please don't forget to call up your Walmart recruiter and explain to him that you are accepting a much better offer. Our leadership tends to think that high base is enough and they can get away by offering 1/10th the RSU of what other bay area companies are offering. This needs to change.
- Yes I’m interviewing with a couple of companies.
Square, Uber, fb,wework,grab
Interviews are lined up
- Nevermind. Got it. You can make 20-25k more at Expedia with competing offers at senior level. If you don't mind the impending commute to Seattle, it's a great place to work and actually also have time for yourself. People are mostly humble and there's usually a one-team mindset.
- LinkedIn v45juiJust 15k/ year of rsus is very low even by new grad standards. Negotiate for at least 50k/year. Ask Walmart to give more.
- 190K is at the high end of Staff Eng range for base. Amz folks are valued in WMLabs - If you do well, you can be promoted in two years to Principal Eng and your TC will be raise to 350-380.
- Oracle PgEo55Hate to break it to you, but Expedia is known as a sweatshop.
Former Zulily, great culture, but not sure where they are going at this point. Got bought by QVC about 4 years ago, and haven't seen anything change in their offering much since then (only have customer view now).
Love the people, but may have peaked as a company.Jul 17 0
- I cannot answer about Walmart labs. But if you are looking for good compensation, avoid zulily. You seem to be getting joining bonus which is good. You can rely on joining bonus and base but just forget about stocks. In some teams, work is very good and there is room for more learning. If you are looking for good pay, I would say stay away.