TOP 23 Comments
- Tech has changed a bit to huge massive companies. I don't think any of the big ones should be broken up, but we should encourage startups and a level playing field (if not small cap advantage).
- She’s trying to be populist, riding the current sentiment against FANG. This will likely kill her candidacy for Dem candidate as many will see it too extreme, and threatens to cripple too many large companies with hundreds of thousands of jobs at stake. Using this argument of platform utilities, every company with cloud services like Microsoft, Adobe and even startups like Magic Leap would all fall under this large umbrella - she doesn’t realize the far reaching implications of her words.
- Microsoft maxof10“If you run a platform where others come to sell, then you don’t get to sell your own items on the platform because you have two comparative advantages,” Warren said.
Shouldn’t she start with applying such rule to wall street?
Or is it that tech bashing ins more trendy?
- Cisco gmannIf there is an organization that's too powerful, it's Banks. They have more analytics on your spending and geo than most realize. But are we living in a society where you can't be too successful?
- Yes, since Trump got into power, big banks can now begin managing and investing in other people’s money while financing those same companies and investing in them all under one roof. Banks will argue they have walls in place, but then you can use the same argument to allow the big tech companies to stay in place.