Why do people care? People on blind usually don’t care about politics, and they just care about TC.
I read both bills. I have some questions:
1. People say it will only benefit some specific groups, and hurt most. I don’t see it. It seems fair, right?
2. Why do we only change the way of distributing GC, instead of increasing the number? Who came up with the bill in the first bill.
3. Why does diversity matter?
4. How will it affect US tech industry?
5. Will it lower wages?
If this bill passed, then starting from 2022, any new EB2/EB3 GC applicants from the rest of the world would have to wait for at least 6 years before USCIS could finish granting GCs to huge amount of nationals from that single country who submitted applications during 2009 - 2021.
1) all major tech companies could then be dominated by workers, managers, directors and senior execs from one single country. Not every company promotes diversity as those big ones in today’s Silicon Valley, so employees from a single country could form an inner circle such that it could be very difficult for people from other countries to get hired or promoted;
2) H1Bs from other countries who started working after 2022 could risk using up the 6-year H1B term and be forced to leave the US (re @Marijuana: think about that if they get a PIP or layoff in the 5th or 6th year, and cannot jump ship quick enough with enough time left to redo the PERM-140 process, this is NOT “fake news”.)