What are your most common 1 on 1 topics discussed?
181 VOTESALLOW MULTIPLE SELECTIONS
TOP 22 Comments
- Google 🌲 fiddyWeather/Sports -> Project-related stuff -> improvements you can make -> promotion
- My manager basically tells me how much I suck as I don’t know politics, that I’m not eligible for promotion and basically I am no good. In return I just keep quite 😂
- Yes - I had been working on the feedback last 6 months and for some reason the feedback kept changing. This appraisal cycle for my rating and level everyone got stock refreshers but me. When asked I was told that the team did my have funds(not true). All this time my work has been appreciated by stakeholders(I kept proofs). Recently i asked for reimbursement of some course fee and the response was that we would have reimbursed it if I was a high performer. That’s when I lost it and stopped giving a rat’s ass!
- >Yes - I had been working on the feedback last 6 months and for some reason the feedback kept changing.
Well, that's what's supposed to happen, right? You address the previous feedback, and then your manager has more? Otherwise, it's like saying "I finished my work, but then my manager gave me more work for some reason."
When your manager runs out of feedback, that's when you might be ready for a promotion, I think
- @shauwijsv not getting reimbursed for the course fee is not performance dependent. Every team has a training budget, if you want to know about your VP’s training budget you can reach out to the said VP’s “people director” or glorified HR and ask them about the policy. It’s not up to your manager. Which org are you in?