People think it's the pee pee tape but that seems unlikely. Trump got caught paying a prostitute for sex and it didn't hurt him. I don't think the pee pee tape would either.
I think it's simpler than that.
I think he laundered money for the Russian mob and Putin could easily leak proof of it to WikiLeaks any time he wants.
After he went bankrupt in 2000 Trump made a comeback that was almost entirely shady. He made a serious of big real estate investments mostly with murky and secretive business partners. Where they weren't secretive they were with dodgy Russian oligarchs.
Presumably a lot of that money isn't really clean and comes from the Russian mob. Potentially the deals were structured to give Trump a cut in exchange for washing funny money. Perhaps this is why he refuses to release his tax returns, which would give reporters the clues they need to follow his money.
I bet it's simple greed. He's not a plant or a puppet, just a guy who made deals with criminals to become wealthy and now he's exposed to blackmail if the Russians decide to out him
- Google VdzlwYou mean like that time Hillary and Obama sold uranium to Putin through uranium one ?
- Do you people really believe the uranium one conspiracy? Read the Wikipedia article:
- If his tax returns have such information, do you think IRS would let it go? Let the investigation take it's course. Stop obsessing. Changing your ID doesn't hide your obsession.
- IRS doesn't investigate such things. They would look into whether Trump paid his taxes, which he would have, and not who his business partners were or where their money came from.
Reporters, however, would be able to dig into the complex chain of companies the money is funneled through and potentially find out who his business partners really are.
- Yeah, someone with so many accountants and lawyers would disclose dubious income and pay taxes? If you think he's that honest, then there's no reason for the investigation, is there? I only hear he's a liar. I don't think the investigation would end until 2020 or even the 2022 elections if he's still president.
- Or he knows that libs look like the equivalent of birthers every time they talk about Russia. His approval rating would be in the 20s if the Dems weren’t morons.
- Workday eP8fFrYou're probably overthinking it. Putin helped Trump win and Trump cares more about making deals (and personal loyalty) than propagating a cold war rhetoric that should have ended 30 years ago.
Consider also that Trump was open to talking with both Kim Jong Un and Putin when others wanted to shut them both out.