What if Trumps wins his second term and democrats win senate majority and keep congress majority? I bet Trump would become more Democrat!
Flagged by the community.
Flagged by the community.
- Hey idiot. When the fuck do you think Trump took office? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't 16 months ago. 🤦♀️
I hope you were one of the idiots on blind who took their money out of the market after Hillary claimed the economy would crash under Trump. For the rest of us it's been a great ride.
The Dow Jones, S&P 500, and NASDAQ are all way up since Trump took office in Jan 2017.
NASDAQ: under 6000 to over 8000
S&P: 2300 to 2800
Dow: 18000 to 26000May 109
- GE hodor 🚪Trump will win the second term. Economy is booming and Democrats are still in disarray.
- They're trying to destroy the character of their best candidate, Biden. He's their best shot to win all Democrats and bring over a large chunk of Republicans who don't like Trump.
AOC is being loved by the media but her extremism will drive large swaths of Dems away instead of bringing Republicans over.
I dislike Biden's views on most subjects but he's not a bad person nor a creep. Sadly character doesn't matter to the far left. They'll take down anyone they can get their hands on.
- Lyft qCbJ38Not a fan at all, but he’s going to win again for sure. Identity politics have absolutely trashed the Democrats, and as much as I want them to win, they won’t until they start talking more about the big stuff than trying so desperately to appeal to the «young and hip». Strategically, they spent more time preaching to people who was going to vote for them no matter what, than to try to win over the doubters. Think about that.
The only thing the Democrats have going for them is that as old and conservative are dying and that the majority of young peeps are liberal. My guess is that we have a few more terms of Republican rule before the pendelum swings.
- Facebook f35lockheDemocrats can’t get their shit together. Don’t like trump but plan on him winning
- Pandora FscndwTrump’s mouth is Putin’s c*ck holster,
so if he wins Rusians will be very happy 😉
- Facebook liamDems have too many candidates, but none of them worth voting for (well may be Tulsi), we need a good independent alternative.
- I don't think Biden will win the primary but if he did he'd beat Trump in the general election. He'd get all dem votes and he'd bring over a lot of the Republicans who don't like Trump.
If AOC, Harris, or Elizabeth Warren win then it's going to be a redo of the last election. Maybe a different outcome but maybe not.
- For every future election, more and more of the stubborn baby boomers mentally stuck in 1965 will die off or become too senile to vote. That demographic, and the white nationalist/supremacist demo is the republican base. As much disarray as the Dems are in, the Republican Party is essentially dead.
- I remember people saying that in 2008 and look what happened in 2010. Plenty of millennials/youth voted for Trump, he won 37% vs Hillary’s 55%. If you go by race/sex, 46% of white guys voted for Trump. The Republicans aren’t going anywhere, especially with how local/state voting work. IMO what will likely happen is Latinos will follow a similar path that the Irish and Italians did in assimilating and will vote accordingly. That group will then vote pretty similar to Whites today, i.e: GOP. Trump’s team/GOP is aware of this which is why they are pushing hard for the Latino/Hispanic vote for 2020. Bush won 40% of them, there’s definitely room for upside so Dems shouldn’t sit on their laurels and just expect that demographic to roll with them long-term to the degree that Asians and Blacks have.
- Moreso immigrants’ children born here (specifically Hispanic/Latino) are much more likely to vote GOP than their parents. Among the ones that do vote Democrat, they often don’t list themselves as ‘Liberal’. With those type of conditions, after a generation or two from that, they’re likely aligning with Whites’ voting habits...After the Civil Rights act passed, the Dems haven’t won the majority of white voters - that’s over 50 years now. I don’t see that trend ending anytime soon...
- The key to beating Trump on the Dem side is putting up a candidate that can inspire the base (mainly black voters + Asians + Latinos) while getting ~ 40% of the white vote. Obama was able to pull that off. The paradox is when the Dems put up a candidate that gets over 40% of the White vote, they sometimes end up not inspiring the rest of their coalition and they lose. Clinton won 1992 with 39%, Obama won with 39% in 2012. Gore (42), Kerry (41), and Dukakis (40) all lost. You can prop up Biden but he’ll probably run into the same problem Hillary had - she didn’t inspire enough of the base to vote, especially in traditional “firewall” states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. For example, nationally the black vote turnout rate went from 66.6% in 2012 to 59.6% in 2016. Trump did better with Latinos than Romney and is planning a massive 2020 outreach program. If the Dems can’t fix those 2 issues in 2020, they’re toast. They can blame voter suppression all they want, but they’re gonna have to figure something out if they ever want the White House again...
- Not nearly good enough yet. Black voters (especially in the South) weren’t feeling him in the primaries in 2016. He’s gotta win them over on a massive scale relative to other candidates like Kamala Harris and Joe Biden to have any legit shot at the nomination, let alone going at Trump. Don’t take my word for it, his own staff put out memos about it! Hillary crushed him in SC (86 to 14) and now he has to deal with Biden who represents an extension of the Obama years.
- The Democrats have had a long time to find and back the perfect singular candidate to accomplish the one goal of defeating Trump. That they have failed to do so shows how the election will go.