TOP 103 Comments
- SoFi / Mgmt wRSV71Too many people knowing about Mike banging the current VP of Finance did not help
- Facebook / Eng another1Its almost like all these "crazy sjws" might have a point.
- 😂Whatever. You're the whiny little bitches who are shocked that somebody fucked their boss to get a promo, and you're now crying bloody murder. What's next? Maybe we should pass legislation to prohibit the Asian kid from coding all night because it would be unfair to the mom with 3 kids who'll feel forced to work overtime in order to compete?Sep 15, 2017 3
- @another1 It's your logic and reading comprehension that's extremely poor. I never said you can't win unless you f*k somebody. Talk to your friend who wants to go to "war" in that specific environment.
And how you guys made the leap from consensual relationships and HR rules to murder and lawbreaking is beyond me... It really shows how today's SJWs are the new bible thumpers when it comes to "regulating" and controlling human behavior. Maybe we should burn the CEO at the stake?
- Amazon / Eng mUqi08moreHe fuck around like that when his wife is the CTO? Did she know about this?
- Mike was a very strong CEO- the company's success is due to him. However, there are culture issues that we need to solve. I don't know if the gossip is true, but I assume it is. The "frat" behavior they mentioned was all in heldsberg, which is like a call center. Not really part of the tech org or HQ.
The issues are not nearly as big as the media makes them, but there is defiantly stuff to solve. Most importantly, the company's finances are VERY healthy. We are doing very well. So overall I'm optimistic
- Webw74, you don't know me or what Koolaid I drank. You also don't know the company. Should I assume all the Amazon stories from a couple of years back are all true? People are crying at their desks? Exploited at the warehouses? I don't think they are, having spoken with some Amazon folks, but I also know there was a part of these stories that were true. Same here at SoFI. There were issues, they are being worked on. The VAST majority of the company and management team were never involved. Finances are great. Why don't we tone down the language eh?Sep 15, 2017 3
- Yeah people do cry at their desks at amazon and the warehouses are tough. It's unacceptable. I don't make excuses for it, though, I am vocally critical of it. No reason to pretend it isn't a problem.
Also, it's different when a few managers behave badly vs when your CEO does it and sets that tone at the top. Not excusable. You want to argue to tone down the language, you should be the loudest voice against this disgusting behavior, you work there and are presumably a shareholder.
You can be against a part but not the whole of something. Your upper management has a pattern of exploiting women for sex in exchange for career advancement. It's barbaric behavior. Are you done apologizing for it?Sep 15, 2017 5
- You seriously need to get off your high horse. You acknowledge the issues at Amazon and call them "unacceptable" yet you stay at the company. The fact is that you made a moral call preferring your role, comp and whatnot above something you can't accept. You are not a citizen of Amazon- you can stay in your house and move to a job which practices values you agree with but you choose not to.
At SoFi, there were two execs that practiced the aforementioned behavior. They are both out of the company. Of course that behavior is deplorable- I'm not making excuses for it. But my point is that (a) it's not endemic to the company as portrayed in the media and (b) leadership is taking hard honest steps to route out the culture this behavior created. Someone asked for a "look from within" and that's what I'm providing. It's your right, of course, to not believe a word of it, but that's true for the rest of this forum.
Let's take a leap of faith- you and I share comparable moral values about what's right. My perspective is that the steps taken will take the company in the right direction, in a way that makes me confident enough to stay. Do with that info whatever you want.
- Capital One / Eng RamrahimbaThis cannot be real. Wow. How is the culture on the engineering side?
- Nice! Sounds like the same kinds of stuff that go on within Microsoft. Orgies, wife swapping, blow jobs for promotions...good times
- Meggitt / Eng anon10101Seriously 😑
"But within SoFi, Mr. Cagney, a married father of two, continued to raise questions among employees with his behavior. He was seen holding hands and having intimate conversations with another young female employee, according to six employees who saw the two together. At late-night, wine-soaked gatherings with colleagues, he bragged about his sexual conquests and the size of his genitalia, said employees who heard the comments."
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Lyft FldI56release the social justice warriors on this guy cuz he let power get to his head.