What is the FAANG of gaming?
TOP 22 Comments
- Right now Epic is in there for sure. TC is comparable to FAANG which is crazy for the gaming industry. Right now many studios are reducing and laying off, I'd love to know other studios that are doing well and compensating well. I suspect Valve, Riot and maybe Niantic too?
- Apple HdkgcIn terms of pay:
Valve - impossible to get to before you build career in other game studios
Riot - gotta play LoL or work on new game that might never be released
Amazon games studios - amazon comp and quite relaxed but gonna work on crappy games
Oculus games in LA - FB comp but also working on crappy games
In terms of prestige:
Naughty dog or any other Sony owned studio
- I'm not sure Amazon and Microsoft count since so little of their business is actually gaming industry
- I think that's a fair point, that adds Facebook and apple to the list IMO. I think OPs intention is to find companies that are relatively representative of working in gaming and my point is that including companies where its not almost entirely what they do dilutes that. Adding Microsoft includes many lines of business and teams not at all related. If TC, culture, crunch, etc are scoped to those gaming related lines of business I think it makes sense to include, apple, Microsoft, Facebook, etc
- New makeitbigStay away from EA .. they are trying to come back with Apex Legends but all the path breaking stuff is happening in smaller companies.