What is the best dating advice youve received ?Dec 4, 2018
Seeing how difficult it is to meet womeb being in the tech industry, what is the best advice youve received in regards to meeting men/women for dating?
One of my friends said “get her number within 2 days of meeting her . Else move on. Dont stretch the timeline”
Any such nuggets of gold?
- Girls smell self pity from miles away. It’s not your height, it’s your self pity and low confidence.
I am bald. For a year after becoming bald I didn’t have a single girl looking at me, before that I had quite easy time finding girls.
I thought “This is my life now”. Then I changed my values and I date hotter girls than I ever have before.
Read the book or check it out on Audible: MODELS: Attract Women Through Honesty.
- I am an Indian male, a lot of folks would've said right there "You're Indian, you're screwed"(a hearty fuck you to all of you!) . I do pretty well in dating apps in a small city(Rochester), with 95% of my matches being white women including some who answer "Yes" to "Would you strictly date someone of your own skin color" on OkCupid.
Here's what I do -
1) Be in shape, have interesting hobbies especially if you're not a white dude. I am a competitive weightlifter, women take a lot of interest about that and ask me how I got into it.
2) Be funny - Your first message especially on Tinder is make it or break it. My thumb rule - If the women is 21-25 go for a cheesy pick up line or joke(/r/tinder and r/jokes are full of them, I modify and use them). If between 25-30 then do the same or something based on her profile if it is decent. Over 30, then message something meaningful, they hate cheesy pick up lines. American women love it if a guy can make them laugh, fortunately watching too much House and Scrubs rubbed off on my sense of humor.
3) Set a date and take the conversation offline within 15-20 messages. This may not work on most introverted women, in that case apologize, talk more and then ask out. Either ask directly or lead into indirectly(eg: Hey I heard of this great pizza place, wanna try it out?), shows that you've a spine.
4) Take an interest in what they say, you must be able to fake sincerity if needed. Women love men who are great listeners, it's not all about your life, your hobbies, it's about their life, their hobbies.
5) Be chilled out, women seem to like that too. A lot of their dates are with total douches who happen to be clingy, don't be clingy, it's like a breath of fresh air for them.
I guess that's it for now.
- Google DWaU03Change industry, learn how to talk to a human being vs typing on a keyboard
- If you're online dating, goal is to move offline and get her number asap. Conversations drag online and people don't commit to anything. Within the first few messages ask them out on a date, you'll see how committed they are to actually dating than just chatting online.
- Population density matters. If dating is the goal in places like the bay area where gender ratios are skewed. You need to increase absolute numbers. And people are lazy to travel to date someone new. World of difference between SF dating pool and the valley. Unless of course you go out often and approach in person.
So two lessons here. Proximity and density matters a lot. Approaching in person more effective than online.
- Much better. World of difference. If asked to quantify for a person doing online dating in their twenties, 5x-10x better. Why such a big difference? it's because the frequency of dates more than doubles, the confidence of being able to get dates skyrockets. And beginning success leads to a person trying more and continuing the dating process instead of giving up and complaining about how either no one finds them attractive, or the opposite sex being too picky.
- Amazon / EngAm A BotYour title says dating advice but the description is about meeting women. I’ll offer both.
My best advice for meeting women: choose activities where the odds are in your favor. When I was dating I took ballroom dance classes and the ratio was 3 women to 1 man, and the ones who didn’t bring a partner were mostly single and easy to identify (they rotated partners to take turns out of fairness). On some weeknights the ratio was as high as 6:1.
The best relationship advice I ever received came from my wife when we were dating: always fight fair. If you only fight about the issue and don’t bring any others into it, your fights will never escalate unless you royally screw up (in which case you deserve it). Fighting fair means avoiding absolutes like “never” or “always,” and not talking about feelings as facts (“I feel that you don’t care” is not the same as the accusation “you don’t care”), though how you feel is just as real as facts.
- Microsoft ejck25Be upfront in your expectations of dating and ultra blunt. Tell her you don't want to be friends. Don't play around with wording here. If she's interested she'll accept it and you can see where things go without worrying about friendzone. If not, then you can move on without getting too attached.
- If you have bad looks or you are fat or not attractive and you know that and still a hot person is dating you.... Mostly money is involved...those relationship does not go very far
- Intel xBoE15Attend profession meetup groups. I met my long term girlfriend at my company's young employees group. Lots of cute Indian and Chinese women at those if your open minded to dating foreigners. Also when you meet someone at an event, try to find one activity you both enjoy like a hobby and invite them to meet up and do that. After you hang out with them 1o1 at least once, then you should aks them to do something more romantic like see a show or get drinks somewhere
- @apple. Been there my friend. I am moving on slowly. Doing LeetCode helps as it helps your mind focus on sth else. Workout as well. As you start looking better, your confidence will give you the will to move on. There are lots of people who will like you..
are you chinese? I was too attached to a chinese girl .. :-(