As per title
Mine is losing my parents. I try to talk to them daily and spend as much time as I can. I am on Visa so generally I meet them just once a year when I visit them or they come to visit me.
These days I get anxious a lot and call them immediately even if it’s odd time(different time zones) partly because recently I saw my BF suffering from his Dad’s loss.
Is it normal?
As per title
- New / Design 510HeadsetmoreI just want to say that i actually got PIP’ed earlier this year. I’m not an SWE, and it was very difficult, both for me and my manager (we get on well personally but we couldn’t make it work in the team).
And yet... it’s okay. Life goes on, and there are lots of other jobs out there. I did some work to figure out where I went wrong, and gave myself credit for what i did right. So: yes, getting PIP’ed can be rough. But it’s not the end of the world.
- I am Rich and beneficiary of tax cuts and don’t support tax cuts at all . Not good for us on long term. Tax cut supporters you need to peal layers of how economy works and what ever trump did with tax cuts is temp and have to be rolled back. Man why don’t you guys get it’s not about GOP or Democratic Party . It’s all about womanizer nepotistic maniac in White House .I hope all trump supporters see that some day .
- New gvt23sYes that’s normal. My biggest fear is my mom getting Alzheimer’s. It happened to both her parents and was tragic. I try to visit as much as possible but there are no jobs in my home town so I can’t work there.
- Nutanix / Eng cfgffgjjiSame as yours. Any harm happening to my parents. I am very close to them and pray everyday that I hope I go before them.
- Microsoft savagefckrThis recently happened to a close relative. So much more devastating to see someone in their 50s lose their 30 something y/o kid then the usual death scenarios.
Death doesn’t bother me, personally. When I think that there’s what, like 6 billion of us, I realize I’m just another ant in the farm. And it’s that attitude that really helps me enjoy the small life I have in this grand scheme :)Jul 4 8
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- It used to be not being able to take care of my parents. We finally got dad to retire and enjoy life but after 6 months he was recently diagnosed with terminal stage 4 colon and liver cancer (separate). I've been seeing him suffer every day in incredible pain and all he wanted was to pass peacefully. Assisted EOL takes at least 6-8 weeks to even do so he's just suffering until then, hospice helps but it pains me to see my dad like this. Last time I was home it was during memorial day, he was still up and about happy showing no symptoms. We even made plans, he's never seen snow so I told him I'll get a Crosstrek and we can go to Tahoe often during weekends. Now none of that is possible.
I realize you weren't asking for a sob story but I have no one to talk to about this. My dad's currently at the hospital and the doctors are keeping him sedated on continuous morphine drip to help with the pain. When he wakes up he doesn't recognize me or respond, he just looks confused, the nurses say he's not supposed to have woken up but it might be the body's last attempt to stay alive and fight the drugs.
- Sorry to hear that.
In situations like these it’s better to be put out of your misery than go on living in a comprised state.
The most compassionate and brave thing you can do for your father is taking him to an assisted suicide facility and help him transition into the next life in comfortJul 4 5
- Marrying the wrong person. Most of the women I meet are entitled, lazy, or extremely insecure. To the point it’s impossible to see raising a family with them. It makes me think I should give up, but that seems like an unsatisfying life.
I know there are better women out there. But pretty much all the ones I meet are married.
- Unlike a lot of these, I have absolutely no fear of dying, but a huge fear of dying alone. Or rather, I'd be fine dying alone, it's living alone I'm scared of.
I turned 33 yesterday and my relationship background is not promising. Multiple "serious" exes. Enough people slept with to know it's not appearances keeping people away. Zero one-year anniversaries, tell me it's something about ME that doesn't work.
A friend said to me once, "Some people are homes - somebody else finds them, settles down, lives in them. And some people are hostels - people come in, have a good time, remember them fondly, but nobody lives in a hostel."
I really hope I'm not a hostel. I could easily depression spiral thinking about it but I've promised myself, I'm not going to to import worries from the future this month, I'm JUST gonna try and have a great July. I can worry about the future when it arrives.
- Google VMFE17I worry about the end of the tech gravy train. Fang or not, we got it pretty easy in tech. I’m worried we’ll all be obsolete long before we’re able to retire. Good knows how many industries tech has made obsolete, I fear our day of reckoning will come.
- Amazon dev02002-2010 was a tech nuclear winter. Crash of the dot com, flat salaries, and then the great recession. This has been a tech renaissance since then. Going through a downturn is humbling. It’s coming but we just don’t know when and the impact. Can you insulate yourself from it? Make sure you are not in an industry where people stop spending money in a recession. Also, make sure you are a better performer than your colleagues so you are not the first to be cut in a lay-off
- New cfHW53Killing myself! I got married to a person who is impotent and mentally unstable! On the outside he looks okay, this was an arranged marriage n I had no clue what I was getting into! Thought the family was good coz my family knew them too well that they didn’t think they would cheat in getting their mentally challenged son married! I have tried ending my life but I have to be there for my parents who had given me a fantastic life before that! My only aim now is to get these people behind bars! I want to stay alive n be strong as much as I can for my family!
- Optum djt1658Re parents dying, this happened to me 22 years ago (I'm 64). Certainly I'm accustomed to it, but not a day goes by that I don't wish I could have said or done something with them; and now I can't. So I suggest to all of you with parents still living, consider this & don't wait to do or say those things, whatever they are. If you do, you'll have more peace of mind later.
- Dying alone
Both in an abstract "nobody loves me and I have lived a life of solitude" sense and in a highly pragmatic "I have no roommates so if I slip in the shower or choke on my dinner, nobody can save me" sense
- Unity / Eng bonfiremoreTrump winning 2020 and the world keeps getting worse without a clear view of how we'll get rid of lying populists
- @qGcX07: Please educate us on those policies. It’s hard to find those in plain sight for normal folks like me. Any sane person can agree there is constant lying, erosion of the constitution, abuse of power. If you are just talking about the economy, it’s been in an upward trend since Obama. If the good thing you refer to is the fact that he hasn’t tanked the economy, I agree but that’s a pretty low bar for any important position, leave alone the POTUS.Jul 5 2
- Think about it : What would have happened if Clinton had come to power? Thousands of poor Syrian war victims would have entered in USA, where at least 1 in 10 think west had influenced the war in their Nation. Extreme lefts are not good for Nation either. USA need wall at Mexico border, tax reforms, if possible keep less wars, and keep the trouble away from extremism. Aren’t they make sense for Nation? Trump seems to have that.
- Um no. You cannot know what would happen “if”. I never said extreme left was good. Trump has done nothing. Less than Nothing. Obama currently holds the record for undocumented deportations. Not Trump. Obama didn’t brag about it daily which is why you think he’s effective. Amazing mind control. All he has to do is say it and a certain number of ppl will blindly accept it as fact. Brilliant. There is no Wall because most Americans are against the cost and know a wall is not a solution. He has effectively convinced his base an ppl like you that it is and it was an easy campaign promise. Immigration reform is the problem. He’s done nothing about reforming the policy because that is actually very hard work. He’s super lazy and just wants to be on camera convincing gullible people that he’s doing more than he is. What tax reform? Where is that legislation? He gave our hard earned money to his rich buds. They and this crazy man do nothing for the masses, have you noticed? Pay attention. He just talks. There is no action. Action is what matters in leadership not excuses and whining about Democrats holding him back. He has driven up the debt astronomically and literally nothing to show for it. He’s ineffective. Period.
- All the pressing points you conveniently discredited it!!! That ‘if’ is big if and obvious for any unbiased. And tax reform has increased the pay to almost all middle class. Ya one who has basic pay above 150k, lose some savings at the end of tax year. But that ppl are only in blind😀 This tax reform is huge boost to corporates . They are doing re-investments and in turn you see ample employment opportunities. Well even cnn says trump tax reforms is successful. No one can deny it. About the wall , many ppl still agree it is one of the way and could discourage many to enter through wall . Otw there was always political game to gain Spanish votes . Many undocumented suffer every day due to this confusing approaches. Obama had very clean way of handling undocumented immigrants living in USA, which Trump doesn’t but remember obama had hurt legal immigrants more than undocumented ones. Anyways I am only saying Trump is better than the so called liberals, who burden the Nation in order to create image as world benefactors. However I am not fan of Trump. For now Trump is better. Maybe tomorrow some one else, who could be person in Democratic Party tooJul 9 1