The first rule is never give a concise number about expected TC.
But what if the recruiter reply with something low ?
“oh what about 100k is that ok for you ?”
What will you respond ?
Any genius response ?
- Facebook / EngnfLx46If they're close, make a counter offer. If they're way low, say, "I'm sorry, but this isn't in the ballpark. I appreciated interviewing with you and wish you the best in filling the position."
- IBM muAG37Pivot to more questions about the role because “the comp indicates it may not be in line with my experience”
- CA Technologies TonkarBellRecruiter: We have the best and latest market research, and even within the company, for that role and your experience, this is a very competitive salary.
Where I’m going with this is, if the recruiter doesn’t budge, at which point does one give a number, even if insanely high?Jan 101
- IBM tAhj86h“ well based on my research for the position, and the typical salary range, i would feel more comfortable in the range of [$$$]” just be honest. if they don’t value you enough to give you what you deserve then NEXT them asap.
- Amazon ChiknTikka"I am very disappointed with this offer. It is significantly lower than market for the role based on my research. Furthermore, I am expecting significantly higher offers from the other companies I am interviewing with. I urge you to reconsider and come back to me when you have a serious offer to put on the table, since I am very excited about the company and role."
- Vistaprint GGLQ22One recruiter kept telling me I did not perform well in interview so we are giving you lower offer and if I need more money I should stay where im.. also when I asked for relocation ..there was a long pause and yeah we might.. then you are asking too many things. Like h1b transfer
- Bank of America blacKnightWill take the offer if I don’t have any options then once found higher one.. ask the same question to him to increase TC.. once you turn the tables they realize
(1) You can play same game
(2) you are skilled enough to get high...
I always have one rule in life: I don’t start game, if someone starts it.. I make sure I end it...
- Facebook NAeG43moreI appreciate you taking the time and effort to represent me. I am sure you must have given your best. I was very impressed with all interviewers, it was a great experience overall. We get to discuss some exciting problems together. We learned something from each other. I am very impressed with the office decor. It really felt like home with family. I would have loved being there for every single day of my life. However, at this point of time, I can't accept this offer, it is not affordable me at this time. Over the next couple of years, I would definitely work hard to reduce my expenses, so that I can take 50% pay cut to join the team of my interviewers.