I’m getting to a point in my online dating experience where I feel like I should just switch to the male version.
It boggles my mind because I get tons of compliments from women in real life, and have no issues with women through social circles. But when it comes to tinder/bumble I totally tank. When I do match with girls, they are incapable of banter, have bland personalities and are impossible to meet up with.
I wonder if I should just switch to men? Never been attracted to men before but I figure it’s easier than putting up with this bullshit. Anyone with experience in this domain?
- Microsoft 4655434b“I’m tired of women so I’ll try dick” said no straight man ever... if u like guys look for guys, not that hard...
- New tLFu71Yup the answer to not getting bumble matches is def taking it in the ass from a guy.
- Since you do so well with women in social circles, why don't you just double down on that?
- Amazon wgSD36Go on an extended vacation to anywhere were the population isn't 4 guys for every 1 woman. The straight dating scene for men in Seattle is just fucked. I went on a long vacation to Europe did some dating while I was there 2 years later I'm married to a wonderful woman and have a kid.
- So I have a friend who kinda did this, he had never identified as queer in any way, but he is an open minded guy and thought he would give it some try.
He just isn't sexually or romantocally attracted to guys at all. He said he had a great date they got along well, guy knew what was up and the end of it my friend just told him 'ya know this has been fun and you are objectively attractive and all that but I think I'm just not attracted to guys'. You can't fake that, you are or you aren't.
So unless you are actually attracted to guys... No you probably shouldn't try guys.
For dating apps: you seem to get a bit of a boost when you first start a profile in terms of getting matches. It seems like these day you either have to pony up money or delete account and start over on occasion. FWIW bumble has had the best luck for me 🤷
- Amazon / EngbuttcakemoreMarried men do go out with doods and have sex. I was surprised to find that it's a thing. You're not wretched OP.
- New cash2lastWhat are you hoping to get out of your future relationship? The only reason I see to consider switching teams is if you want sex/physical intimacy and feel like you could potentially enjoy that with a man. Otherwise, the many other benefits of a romantic relationship can be found through close platonic friendships and there is no need to switch teams for that.
- Amazon / EngAm A BotI know many people think Seattle and SF are “bring your own spouse”. In most ways they are right.
I’m going to offer a creative solution other than trying to switch your sexual orientation. Maximize your mobility and get a job where you can work remotely. Then put your stuff in storage, get corporate housing and try 3 months in various locations. Date around and find someone to settle down with.