I recently interviewed and moving to Amazon. H1B transfer has started (Premium Processing) but it started late due to changes in DOL website. It has been delayed by a month after accepting the offer.
I am planning to move only after approval and the start date has been set based on the approval day. I wanted to give two week's notice at my current company after approval but now I am thinking when to give. Also have a vacation planned during thanksgiving. Generally two week's notice cannot include vacation. If I give two week's notice after approval, it will be extended to three weeks due to Thanksgiving.
So should I give the notice on H1B receipt or wait for approval.
Current TC - 150K (only base no stocks)
YOE - 8 years in US
- Nokia dumbcoderOPThanks Everyone, I will wait for approval. Will try to convince Amazon and Nokia about the starting date.