I’ve been traveling in Japan and S Korea and their transportation system is extremely organized and clean.
Are there any organizations that are actively working on this? If there is, i would like to get involved.
- Workday / EngefficientNope, government ain’t got money for that. Japan and Korea‘s tax rate is also a lot higher than US so nothing really to complain about.
- Microsoft trthhhheeeAs a Korean, I completely disagree Korean healthcare system is even one of the best. It has easy access to doctors and cost is extremely cheap and you don’t need to worry about insurance. However, doctors are a lot worse. I mean, they are useless when it counts because they don’t worry about being sued (doctors win 99%), don’t care about patients history, don’t admit they can be wrong and think they know everything within 30 sec.
That resulted: Obgyn let my friends baby got killed. My serious autoimmune disease went undiagnosed for 10 years despite seeing so many doctors. One doctor lied mine can be cured. My brother nearly died due to wrong prescription. He would have died if not my uncle (internal med doctor) who found it and stopped the med. My friends died in hospital for respiratory disease but no explanation. My grandmothers was having light illness but after they went through unnecessary procedure, she died a week later.
I suspect there are large number of patients who died or obtained chronic illness because of malpractice but they don’t know that was due to misdiagnosis and mistreatments.
Doctors who had been educated in US are much better at identifying the complex issues and being humble at diagnosis and going through everything properly. Bedside manner is another thing that is night and day as well.
However, I would say it is still probably much better than China and India. It is just a law of economy. When a country becomes abundant, then it starts to care about health and wellbeing. Korea started improving significantly and it will get there someday but it is a long way to go.Dec 21, 20181
- Let's be real. Public transportation in this country is worse that most of the "third world" countries out there.
- Amazon JSnowflakeJapan and Korea have homogeneous populations. We have disenfranchised minorities and homeless people. QED.
- New taggedWhen there’s money to hire cleaners. Bart is already expensive as is so not going to happen any time soon
- Those are different cultures--ones that can ban drugs without exasperating their drug epidemic and ones that can pay out social welfare without enabling welfare queens. America's culture forbids having nice things like eradicated homelessness and subsequent clean public transit.