Why People from India switches to Hindi for work related conversations?Dec 3
I been in several companies in the valley. In all is the same. People from India that speaks perfect English decides to speak in Hindi for work related topics. Why this people always hide something?
- Micro Focus / Eng5’6” RuskiI always assume that people around me who switch to taking in their native language are talking shit about me.
- New / OtherAuntHildaNot every indian language is Hindi. It can also be Telugu or any other Indian language.
- Hold up now. I don’t support Indians speaking anything other than english while working with others. But this post suggests that Indians should not speak in English even among themselves when there is no one else involved.
This seems a bit unfair. My Chinese colleagues are always speaking Chinese and it’s the same with the others. I don’t go around getting offended for every small conversation they have without me.
- Nope. On the contrary, the enlightened people went and settled there and it benefitted from the congregation of the enlightened souls from the entire world. Manhattan Project happened because all the Einsteins and Neils Bohrs and Heisenbergs and Paul Diracs congregated there. America has always benefitted from this congregation. That is what has propelled it to superpower status. For it to call other countries as shitholes now ( the same countries from where the best people congregate there and continue to make America stronger while pushing their native countries to future decline due to brain drain) is pathetic. Reeks of hubris.
And as for your nativity, please don’t compare Middle East to India. India has its share of problems of course, but do not even begin to bracket India with Middle East in terms of talent, cultural impact and most importantly, human rights. I know Indians are treated like shit there, that does not mean India is a shithole, that means your country is a shithole.
- Sub par, see, you mentioned it right there. “Culture”. As the joke runs, what is the difference between bacteria and America? That if left for 200 years, the bacteria will at least develop a culture.
Your country might have had a great past 1000 years back. But now it is worse than hell.
- I’ll speak what ever I want with my friends in or outside the office. When I’m with Indians only in the office I’ll speak with them in our native language even if that’s work related. That’s because we are simply more comfortable with it. The fact that you just assume that Indians just want to gossip about you in Hindi shows how small minded you are. We have better stuff to do and even if they were talking shit about you do you want to know?
I’ve said this already, but if there is someone else non-Indian who does not understand me during work then I will definitely speak English as everyone should. There’s a difference between being unprofessional and just being normal
- ^You are one of those people on conference calls that like to make their presence felt by holding up the meetings on a menial detail or clarification. Whenever I hear those people, I just assume they can't grasp the more difficult problem at hand, so they stick to what they can do.Dec 35
- Umm, Indians talking among themselves in their native language makes them uncivil? That way, all Americans who speak English are uncivil as well, right? Given they English is their native language? Or do you have the delusion of grandeur that anybody not speaking in English is automatically uncivil? 🤔
Flagged by the community.
- Google BarksdaleOP - Why do you speak Chinese with your colleagues in a mixed company of non-Chinese people even when you know how to speak English?
- Actually Indians except telugu people usually speak English most of the times. Reason being they come from different native language and even if they don’t they are use to speak in English even back in India. Its the people from china, Mexico and South America usually jump to their language as soon as they see their fellow countryman
- seen those shit happens most in indians, sometimes chinese, and irans
- Proofpoint / EngNo moremoreI see my coworkers talk in Tamil... intentionally.. to make repo with out doing any work