We try our best to come here, we get real degrees from legit US universities putting ourselves in debt and risking our family money. Most of us try to do a decent job and we are good citizens, and we don't even go after the white girls. Why the hate? Discuss...
TOP 121 Comments
- Apple / Eng J0nyHiv3💋moreMost of the hate I see at work is because most stay within the community, talk in Indian regional languages, eat nothing but Indian food, mooch on free stuff and expect everyone to know everything about Indian politics and cricket. There is no question that Asians and Indians are the hardest workers on any team and are Model citizens.
- Apple / Eng J0nyHiv3💋moreI’m not talking about what I hate. I was merely responding to the original question. It doesn’t matter if a white guy brings in tons of coupons and grabs free stuff, but it does become an issue when an immigrant does that. The rest, like language, food and non-inclusion are real issues I see every day at work.
- eBay / Eng seatmoreLet’s assume we’re Indian and we’re working at a company in India. What if all your co-workers mostly spoke Spanish around you, team lunches were always to Spanish food like tapas, and they always discussed Spanish politics? This is less about sharing culture and more about inclusion and workplace professionalismMar 22, 2018 12
- I am an indian and I have never seen hatred for indian in Silicon Valley, our team is diverse with people from china, korea, America,Russia and i never saw any discrimination.
- Amazon IC🐄💩I am a brown guy, I’ve been to middle of Texas, Arkansas, Idaho, and many other red states. I feel I’m treated with dignity in each place, in fact they think I’m super smart also. Of course I have seen enough incidents of racism in blue Seattle. So please stop stereotyping what you don’t understand.Mar 22, 2018 8
- Capital One / Eng TvMp82Not sure I see the hate? I work with a lot of Indians and get along just fine and don’t hear any of my American friends trashing them, nor do I see any discrimination? Can you elaborate on your examples of hate?
- I think the comments on this thread proves the exact opposite to what the op feels . I hope op felt the same. I have lived in different parts of the country. All I have received is respect all around. In fact they go overboard to make sure I don’t get offended due to cultural misunderstandings. On my part, I learn to respect the American way and not live in my Indian bubble.
- If they move to another country and create a bubble universe around themselves that's all Indian and don't bother to venture beyond it, then why did they bother to come?
Otherwise, Indians that seek to experience other cultures, and learn how to be a good member of their new society are cool.
- You don't have to give up your own culture, you are welcome to share your culture, no one ever asked you to assimilate and switch. But you have a community around you wherever you go, explore that and learn what it's like to live beyond just Indian.
Mutual respect is earned when sharing goes both ways and you'll have a broader view of the world. You never have to give up your true self as long as your preferences of lifestyle actually fit in with the laws of where you now reside.Mar 23, 2018 2
- Nokia mav10The problem that I found with Indians are, most of Indians never try to assimilate into North American culture. Always try to exploit system like what they used to do in India.
- Intel jdavolaGood question! I'd never realized just how hateful people here can be towards Indians until Blind...it's awful.
- Microsoft PqzQ51I actually don't think it's hatred, and I'm a white guy. What I can tell you about most of the Indians I've worked with and gotten to know, is they have an elitist mindset. The majority I've worked with feel Superior to any other race and it comes through in their attitudes. I also think most Indians have a racist background. I asked my Indian buddy what he'd do if his daughter started dating a white guy. He told me straight up that they'd move back to India. I laughed and said he couldn't be serious and he told me he was.
- Microsoft / Eng psbuttonIndian here. Never experienced any hate. What exactly are you talking about?
Also, most of us aren’t exactly the most likable lot
- Microsoft H1B4LifeOPAnd the elitist attitude can come from the fact that most of us come from top 1% schools in India with incredibly hard entrance exams and very poor backgrounds. Not saying it justifies the attitude. But when I came to the US and did my masters at MIT, it wasn't actually that hard.
- Apple NahjahMaybe it’s not that white people hate Indians but just that you have a defensive, off-putting personality and they don’t like you. You spend your free time shitposting stupid questions on blind and bragging to strangers about how smart you are that you went to MIT and it wasn’t hard. 🤢 yuck.Mar 22, 2018 11
- Microsoft OEfu64It's not about the race. It's more about the mentality and the culture. Too many times there are Indians help promote Indians cases when the promo shouldn't even happen.
- Microsoft InsanessStop playing cricket on the football fields. And you soccer people too.
- Even the op name is h1b4life ..!! Looks like working from a consultancy
- How come you still have a cast system and whine here about discrimination?