Will you consider relocate to China if you can keep your comp unchanged or even higher ?
I am a Chinese googler and i have a simple question for all of you guys :
will you guys consider relocate to China if the compensation stayed unchanged or even higher ?
before you rush to a hell no , consider the following facts :
1. china has some big names (like Alibaba , Tencent , ByteDance etc.)
that can offer highly competitive compensations comparable to FAANG,
(e.g. alibaba can offer 300k USD for a L5 Googler)
considering that living cost in china is much much lower compared to us ,
this could be a pretty sweet deal .
(actually beside China and US, no other countries can offer comparable compensation ,
european and japanese companies can at most match 1/3 of your current comp)
2. food and entertainment can match the level of NYC or maybe even higher
(search for the life in China on youtube)
3. it's much much more secure to reside in major cities in China,
you don't need to worry about any kind of violence .
(don't believe my words ?? again search on youtube or quora ~)
4. you also don't need to pay premium for medical care and kid's education,
China's medical and educational systems are extremely cheap
and highly reliable.
5. most importantly for the singles :
Chinese ladies are easily attracted to western dudes,
you can live like an Emperor in China .
bad thing about China :
Chinese IT companies have bad WLB but they are gradually changing it.