I will be moving to Sunnyvale on Monday and I was wonder how hard it is to live in Sunnyvale without a car?
TOP 16 Comments
- Oracle GG_WarriorDepends on lot of factors. I lived there without car for one year, wasnt too bad and it came with some cons. Some considerations:
1) how often you go to work(if you go 5 days, buying car might come out cheaper)
2) how far is the office ? Flexible timings ? Prime time could get really expensive
3) do you like to go camping ? To the beaches etc. if yes, you SHOULD get a car
4) how far are some stores from your place. I had safeway, groceries and many other stores 10mins walk, but it was still a pain in the ass as no one really stops for you to cross the street unless its red traffic signal
5) going to SF not so bad as you can take caltrain and avoid annoying issues like parking, break-ins etc. sometimes uber pool express to SF would be just $28 which I consider a sweet deal and 0 effort