Women at Microsoft file 238 complaints about gender discrimination or sexual harassment
I’m happy to see this finally getting the attention it deserves.
“Microsoft had argued that the number of womens’ human resources complaints should be secret because publicizing the outcomes could deter employees from reporting future abuses.”
- MicrosoftO2The real question is how many of these are genuine cases of discrimination? More likely that most of these cases are filed by women whining for not getting what they want and playing the victim card.
- UndisclosedAGrlHsNoNmWhy would a women risk her job, career and reputation on a false discrimination claim? Honestly, the risk is too great for her to do so. Women have been fired for making truthful claims and it isn't an uncommon occurrence for them to be pressured into silence. It's a hard and scary subject to bring up in the first place if you have been subjected to discrimination. So suggesting that a meaningful amount of these cases are not genuine is just completely ignorantMar 149
- SonyAGrlHsNoNmMy statement isn't meant to prove the credibility of any specific claim listed above but speaks to the to larger picture using (gasp) logic!
A person would only lie on this scale if they have a something substantial to gain that is much greater than the substantial risk that comes with the lie. You see many examples of this risk-reward choices being made in varying scales everyday. So especially in a society where those who are discriminated against, by definition, already have a higher chance of not being trusted/believed/valued by higher ups the logic of them lying about it just isn't there.
Lying about this subject has a greater risk for the person claiming to be discriminated against and provides no greater or equivalent benefit that would be logically worth that risk. Therefore, the amount of people who report discrimination falsely isn't logically a significant number.
Your comment provides no logical arugement and therefore is irrelevant. Two can play at yout bullshit game, gtfo. 🖖Mar 141
- MicrosoftO2Of course they have something substantial to gain. A multi million dollar settlement is what these women are looking for. This would give them an early retirement on a beach just by throwing that 'I am a victim woman terrorized by evil men' claim. Hope they end up paying huge lawyer fees and go bankrupt
- UndisclosedhdanonDo you think any of these women have gotten a multi million dollar settlement? Even just one them? That you actually believe something like that is in the realm possibility is laughable. It is not. You have a better chance of being struck by lightening and winning the lottery on the same day. I am not exaggerating.Mar 143
- MicrosoftGOD!My GF was hugged by a random dirty ass hobo in Seattle which freaked her out. After my GF screamed and started running the man kept laughing and walking her way. The next morning she spotted him again near her building. Inspite of all this, my GF was reluctant to call the cops. She calling the cops here has 0 downside and still she was reluctant cause she thought all the hassle won't be worth it. NOW think of all the women who filed the complaints. The suffering they must have been through would have been large enough to make em actually launch a complaint ,which would lead to a lot of hustle and possible downsides. I truly believe that the complaints number is actually less. But at the same time I also suspect that a SMALL fraction of these complaints might not be legitimate.