An open question to all the ladies in Blind: How do you feel after hooking up with someone randomly? Like meeting a guy on a tinder date and ending with a one night stand. I’ve heard a lot of female friends say they feel somewhat guilty, ashamed, etc the next day after a hookup. Just curious to know what other women think
TOP 51 Comments
- Facebook / EngczqC20From a biological prospective, it makes sense that hooking up is less beneficial to the woman then for the man. Biologically men need to spread their seed as much as they can while women naturally ensure they have the required resources (including emotional support) to raise children. Of course this is not binding in the society we live in, as women can provide for themselves. But biological tendencies are hard to overcome.
Another prospective: (might be somewhat culturally related)
Notice that for many women, it takes no special merit/effort to hook up (since men will happily comply), hence it’s probably not going to fulfill you long term.
Contrast it to the man, who does need some kind of merit/effort to do this, and thus can help reinforce his place in society.
The idea that you empower yourself by doing these things is just a fashion that will pass throughout the years.
- Our culture says women aren’t supposed to do this so it makes them feel bad I’m told.
I say do whatever makes you happy (as long as you wear protection).
- Apple bqdpOur culture encourages women to hook up as a sign that they’re independent and empowered and owning their sexuality. So a lot of them will do it and pretend they’re having a lot of fun, but internally hate it since they can’t attract an actual committed partner.
Pretty sure feminism was actually cooked up (or at least co-opted) by rich dudes as a way to 1. score more side puss, 2. dilute the workforce and drive wages down.
- Amazon 🌿..My record: slept with 8 different men in a week and ended up having chlamydia in my butt. Though I wouldn't call myself a female
- How do you guys manage to get matched on tinder? I gave up a long time ago lol
- Erickson Living / Other✌️I, thank God, stooped dating before Tinder came about but I had my fair share of one night stands. My only guilt was the walk of shame.
- Google truhsxI did it a couple times and was so disappointed by the bad sex. It was not satisfying at all, and therefore I felt grossed out by taking such risk for so little gain. Risk for women is serious -- more than just STDs, there's the very real risk of getting beaten, killed, or stalked.
- Airbnb xssxssxThis depends heavily on her culture and upbringing. Lots of women will not ever have a one night stand or even download tinder. Some will have ONS all the time and not care at all.
- Google IHeartKizWe have needs...and we love sex too. Just that it is a lot more risky (slut shaming; physical abuse etc) I have slept with far more partners than I admit to my gfs etc and I work in an industry that expects me to be a geek than the sexual being inside me. Being a girl I have a larger selection pool so I am quite picky usually. Not sure what else you wanna know...AMA