Women, would you date a divorced dad with 3 kids?Dec 6
What are some blockers that come to your mind?
L6 SDM $295k TC
- Facebook / EngQTWK42moreI think posting total comp in a post about relationships would be more of a blocker than being divorced.
- Microsoft Cogito$I would want to be very careful about when I was meeting the children so they don’t get the wrong impression early about the state of the relationship - it’s all about managing expectations appropriately until the relationship is confirmed long term. (I don’t have kids myself so I’m just making assumptions based on little data 😁)
- No blockers if his TC is right! A good TC is the foundation of a successful relationship, because it can unblock pretty much anything.
If he is loaded he can hire 5 babysitters for the kids while the two of you are away chilling in the Bahamas.
If the TC is not sexy, RUN!
- I would. People with kids have to have their shit together and they also know how to prioritize their time. If we each were able to prioritize time with each other despite having kids and faang jobs, than it means there is real potential and that's not likely to wane easily. I hope
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Amazon / EngAm A BotI think it depends on the age of the kids. A single dad with kids all under age 5 would be a very different proposition than one with 3 teenagers.
What also matters is if the woman in question wants to have biological children or would be satisfied being a step mom in the long term. I know women who are in both camps.
Finally, I’ll bring up something my dad said to me when I got married. He said that if you have kids with someone they will always be a part of your life, whether married or not, so choose carefully. When applied in this case, you need to consider his relationship with the ex/kids’ mother. If she’d be a source of strife for the two of you, I’d stay away.
- I have two kids. Divorced. L7 Sr. SDM. Dating a beautiful, smart woman with two kids who is also divorced. Just don't bother dating women who aren't divorced with kids. They won't get it. I dated a few of em after my divorce. For casual sex - sure. After divorce you don't want to jump too quickly into serious stuff anyway.
- stupid fucking post. if a woman is not divorced and doesn’t have kids, she’ll see divorced and kids as negatives, all other things equal. blocker is relative to your other traits and no one wants to hear about those here. it is highly unlikely that a divorced woman with three kids will see either trait as a blocker. each of your other traits that you’re not listing will be blockers for some and non-blockers for others. but you knew all that without posting this. you fucked up and got divorced. get over it, man the fuck up, and go spend your time on a dating app instead of blind.
- Facebook supichaiIf you don't want to screw your body have a chance at family + career, great option