Worst timing in life and worst decision to send wife home
I made a huge mistake letting my wife go to India to attend visa interview.
My wife went to give l-1b blanket interview and got denied. She appeared for h-4 visa interview after that and got denied again. Reason give was that she was traveling to a different city than her husbands city.
Now, I was laid off recently and I was on the companies payroll till 29th October 2018.
My new employer has filed for the h-1b transfer on 25th oct 2018 and I am waiting on the transfer receipt for h-1b so I can start working.
My wife has a full time job and is working on h-4 Ead. Her employer is suggesting her to go for h-4 visa interview again with receipt of h-1b transfer, old employer i797(valid till 2020) and new employers paystubs, new LCA etc.
I wanted to know what are the chances of getting approval on h-1b transfer receipt?
From my understanding I will still be in status but not sure how consulate treats it
My wife already has a masters degree from outside USA from a very reputed university globally and her h-4 Ead is valid till 2020.
Her company is not allowing her to work remotely and I am not sure if her job will be safe anymore or not :(
Please advice what I could do
Edit: should I ask her to apply for schools in the Bay Area / look for new jobs on h-4 EAD to join when she enters USA? She has 4+ yoe in non fang but reputed companies in software and QA