Women in Tech
Would having more female CTO - Founders helps increase diversity in tech?7d
If culture starts with the founders, it's only logical to have more female CTO - Founders to encourage more diversity in tech.
72 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
- Twitter antifeminiNope. Waste of funding and time. Diversity is propoganda to extract your resources. Look at all the big and successful companies' cofounders. YouTube, Twitter, FB, Google, LinkedIn, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, Amazon. All males. Only after these companies were successful did woman want to join in under the pretense of diversity. Now, of course there are companies with female co-founders, but those are exceptions. Truth is, if woman wanted to be co-founders or CTO really, they would not be asking for it via legislation or begging.
- Why dont women find their own company? Or work your way up by proving your competency instead of using gender card?
- CXO roles should always be about meritocracy. The good ones sustain the company and the families vested in it. As an employee I'll sniff out any such SJW setups and will leave the company to die as and when it starts to go down.
- Yeah, why not? There are plenty of capable women in Tech. They would perform better if you accept them as is instead of putting them under the spotlight. Let them learn and grow at their own pace. 50 years from now, the gender balance in tech will be much better if we allow for a natural pace instead of trying to take shortcuts. Shortcuts create political problems that become impossible to solve and will linger on for much longer.
If you are interested in this subject, you should tour the Asian and South Asian countries. Women don't seem out of place in the workplace there. In US all the proactive SJW activities has made this a political problem with no solution.6d1
- How does it matter ? Tech is about problem solving at all levels , most people are indifferent to whether you are working with a man or a woman whether they are straight or gay
- In the early days of software, women dominated. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-02-01/women-once-ruled-computers-when-did-the-valley-become-brotopia