Title says it all
136 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
Flagged by the community.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- You should change the word order to be "male, female, tech." I still won't buy it, as I like being employed. But it seems less offensive that way
- It’s reductive, mainly. But also because I’m uncomfortable making predictions that are so cut and dried; I’d wear a shirt that says “the future is tomorrow provided time continues moving in a linear direction” but that’s all I’d want to commit to. So it’s partly just me, partly because I don’t view “tech” in the abstract as an unalloyed good.
- Apple proctoThe future – if there is one – is female is the title of an essay by Sally Gearhart that called for males to be reduced to 10% of the population. It’s misandry.
- Wow didn’t even realize that. All the more reason I stand behind the message of this shirt. It’s not intended to be a direct attack on feminism — though it is criticizing the aggressive non-inclusive tone of the original message. The shirt is intended to be more of a critique of identity politics in general, suggesting that no group owns the future. Instead suggesting that technology does, which imo is more democratic since anyone can join, learn, and contribute to our technological advancement.
- Pinterest dhevtxhsWhat about “the future is female” ? I guess this tshirt was created to troll the previous one..
- Google / EngBluthsT shirts with slogans are just tacky. Nothing beats a plain t shirt in neutral colors.