Title says all. Explain your reasoning!
298 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
TOP 47 Comments
- PayPal 7STARI've heard people say that raising three sons is less work than raising one daughter.
- Why? All of these things seem to be more your worries than the fact that the child is a boy or a girl.
You seem to treat and look at the daughter as if she is a fragile glass cannon compared to your boys that can take care of themselves.
Are you really doing her a favor? Or are you projecting your own fears into her?
This is like a vicious circle:
Treat her more fragile / she becomes more emotional / you attend to it more / she becomes more fragile / you worry more and treat her more fragile / loop.Dec 4, 20183
- Anyway, I don’t have anything else to add here. I just think that it’s sad when parents keep treating their daughters as if they are fragile creatures that can’t handle anything.
The only reason they are fragile and emotional is because you thought them that this is how girls should be.Dec 4, 20183
- Bose JustMeHaSon so I can play video games and sports. Wife will make girls too girly .
- I’d like to have a gender blender. There’s not just sons and daughters anymore.
- Amazon / EngAm A BotI desperately wanted boys when my wife was pregnant with both our kids, and instead we had daughters. What I hadn’t expected was having geeky daughters and it’s the best of both worlds. My 9 yo and I will be programming a robot in python during holiday break—at her request.
- One of the reasons I posted this is because a close friend of mine recently got his 3rd daughter.
When I congratulated him over a few glass of whiskey he expressed an extreme disappointment, he is thinking of divorcing his wife because he didn’t have a son. I’m talking about a Scandinavian guy here.
I obviously told him that he needs to look over his own values but we were a bit drunk at that point.
How can gender of a child be so significant for some people? I don’t understand.
Like the poster above said Health > Gender.