My wife runs a small home business.
She had 70 all 5Star reviews on Yelp. Recently yelp started to filter her reviews and now she is left with only 29 reviews.
This has impacted her business, she is also disturbed by this as Yelp helps generate most of her business.
We tried complaining to Yelp but they say its their algorithm that’s filtering, no specific answer and nothing can be done.
Any ideas how to deal with this or take my complaint high up.
Folks for Yelp, any pointers
- Google redrawFuck Yelp. Their product has stagnated for 6 years and their reviews are untrustworthy.
- Yelp leingloOP: try paying Yelp money. As big a number it may be. You’ll find out that the answer is “no”.
Yelp is extremely good at finding and flagging Solicited (even if it seems like it) reviews based on a number of signals. The account managers don’t have more info, to the best of my knowledge as to why reviews get filtered. The review flagging algo definitely looks at peoples activity and patterns, language etc. to identify if it’s solicited/fake.
Just keep building your business, respond to reviews and keep activity high. Trust me it’ll grow over time! Some of the best businesses on Yelp don’t pay us a dime.
Good luck on your business! Wish you success.
- Lyft JwckalI've never heard of anyone with a single positive interaction with Yelp. It's a shady company that charges businesses to protect their reputation.
- Oath BootleggerGive us her page, we will write nice reviews and make up for what yelp did. Yelp 0 blind 1.
- There must be a pattern of someone at the business asking customers for reviews. Even asking casually after a transaction can be detected. If you stop, the reviews will stick.
- The reviews probably show under “not recommended reviews” for one reason or another as per the algorithm
- That is the standard answer Yelp account manager is giving, but he cannot explain me the exact reason why each and every review was Not Recommended. I have data to prove that most of the reviews that are not recommended do not violate any policy.
The problem is Yelp is not giving a reason or discussing.
- Amazon quirckYelp dropped my honest review of a place (3 out of 5) without a word to me. Yelp is shady.
- Yelp / EngLolRoflNo. of things to consider (not commenting officially but from experience).
Just look into these, reviews you received will be mostly from people who just opened Yelp app to write your reviews (Yelp can easily detect and mark it not recommended) or they’d not be using Yelp regularly and just have only 1 or 2 reviews written in their life, just for your business.
I’ve a few friends who runs biz and I’ve noticed same. Review from active Yelp users sticks more often.
Trust me, a company can’t sustain on planet earth for “14 years” if it’s shady.