I have a few questions as I'm expecting an offer from Yelp and waiting for the offer will require me to turn down an exploding offer from another company that I'm not as excited about.
1. How is Yelp with respect to perceived brand value?
Is it considered a good company by recruiters/hiring managers at Google/fb/unicorns?
2. Can SWEs working at Yelp(or ex Yelp) comment on the learning and growth potential for a junior engineer, compared to companies like Microsoft/Google etc. The company structure is flat with no levels, titles etc so how does it translate to levels when applying to other companies?
3. How frequent are layoffs/PIP and how is the work life balance in general?
Current TC 135k 2yoe
1. No issue with branding, we’ve engineers from FANG and we’ve people went to FANG from here.
2. Best company for Jr. Best culture for engineers in terms of growth. We’re introducing level in a couple of months is what I’ve heard.
3. I’ve not heard any layoffs in my last 3 years, yelp does great job in interviewing and training candidates which leads to a very few PIPs.