I have ~3 years experience and accepted an offer at AWS. I am on an H-1B and had reached agreement with the recruiter and HM that i would start only after the approval came through to minimize any risk resulting from a denial. I am sensing they’re beginning to nudge me to start before that approval, does delaying the start date because of my visa situation reflect badly on me? The start date was initially set for early november but given I don’t have a visa approval yet, there is no way I can meet that date. I wanted to be fairly set on only starting after my approval (would provide my 2 weeks only at that point too), but am worried if it will reflect badly on me once i do start.
It's common for start dates to be delayed by a while, I wouldn't worry about it