Got a misdemeanor charged for marijuana on 2017, on the job application it didn't ask anything about it(no criminal related questions), if i get the job offered, it probably would shows up on background check, would the off offer get rescind? Should I disclose it before the background check if they did not say anything?Anyone had misdemeanor charge and still get the job? Hope a HR can ans the questions.
TOP 15 Comments
- Amazon owwmyballsI disclosed a 5+ year old DWI and was still hired. I think attempting to cover it up would have negative consequences.
- Nice! I am happy for you! That's awsome :) and you probably dont have to worry about that anymore since is sooo long ago and with google in your resume haha.
In my case, i am arrested and "convicted", it will 100% shows on my background check, and the charge is fairy recent from 2 years ago @@.
They did not ask anything on the application, and probably won't ask anything before the background check.
Some said I should disclose with apologetic letter, same said I should just not said anything.. I dont know what to do
- Microsoft RandomIntIf the background check or other paperwork asks you to disclose misdemeanors, then yes do so. If it does not, then just let them discover it on their own. Failing to disclose if asked is a hard fail on background check.
- Application did not ask my to disclose anything, currently scheduling for final onsite, not sure if they gonna ask before the background check or not, I dont think they ask that.
Some say I should just disclose with apologetic letter, even they dont ask, since it is gonna shows up anyway
- Google EndGam3Spend $20 and do your own background check. You will see what they will see. Simple
- and seeing this post, someone job got rescinded since he disclosed volunteer let me super nervous