onsite after offer deadline

New
{~}

New

PRE
Bank of America
BIO
Yoe: 🦏 TC: 🐐 Still not serious about life ...
{~}more
Nov 12 4 Comments

Need to schedule an onsite, the offer deadline is this Friday. It doesn’t look like I can manage to flyout before Friday for the interview, but trying. Asking for extending the deadline is difficult as it has been pushed pretty far during negotiation.

Since there is a visa transfer, how do i go about doing this safely?

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 4 Comments
  • New scheme
    You know the answer. Accept the offer, continue with the other on-site anyway and see what happens.

    No safety or guarantee with visa transfers. It's unethical to pursue two visa transfers but in the current climate it's probably wise to have multiple options. Don't worry about potentially burning bridges right now.

    If both visa transfers go through then you can offer to pay up the legal costs for the company you ditched. Companies usually don't accept it anyway but you will come out feeling less guilty.
    Nov 12 3
    • Google TK4me
      "unethical".
      Nov 12
    • New
      {~}

      New

      PRE
      Bank of America
      BIO
      Yoe: 🦏 TC: 🐐 Still not serious about life ...
      {~}more
      OP
      So if I accept and they start filing the paperwork - should I just wait out till one transfer comes through or get back to them right away. Would that be somewhat ethical?
      Nov 12
    • Google TK4me
      The Visa system in this country is deeply flawed, and a corporation will have no problem screwing you over if just one person thinks it's worth it. Look out for yourself and don't worry about HR people doing paperwork - they still get paid.
      Nov 12

Salary
Comparison

    Real time salary information from verified employees