Got an uber offer of 180K base, 600K rsu/4yrs, is the equity a little bit low or good?
I saw some other posts mentioned 800k to 1m+ for L5.
- Uber Dr. No600k at what valuation. If they’re trying to sell you at 70B, I’d argue that the fair market value as evidenced by the SoftBank deal is lower.
- I was hearing 70B a year ago and its still at best 70B valuation now? Not a good sign for its potential IPO.
- Uber ThatcherNever hurts to ask but is this for 5a or 5b? That could be why the others you saw had more RSU
- That’s a solid high 5a offer. It’s low for 5b. Do you know if it is a 5a or 5b offer?
- Originally there was only level 5 and it became clear after a few years that there was a breadth of skill and contribution in that band, that they split it into two. Our 5b is more like staff at other companies (in terms of skills and compensation).
Tbh, the correct solution would have been to move the staff to senior staff and have the 5b’s be called staff instead. But what is done is done.