Currently L6 in G (6 years), got offer from
Alibaba, (220K + 1.2M).
Wish, (250k + 1.1M)
YOE 15 year, current TC 450k
P10 ali, L6 in wish (actually I am not sure)
From the figure itself, Wish is slightly better.
However, it looks there are quite some organization churn in Wish.
Anyone has more insight w.r.t. these two companies?
Flagged by the community.
- Culture is not very good. Political. Our CTO is out recently. Our CFO got fired after joining 2 weeks. At lots of people left or let go last year. 0 cross team communication. You probably won’t get much help from other teams. Company growth slows down. We tried to raise money, but...
I like my team, but i hate other teams.Mar 123
- Are the +figures RSUs or RSUs + incentive bonuses?
What are the vesting schedules?
- Got phone call from FB, will get offer Next week.
I am not sure what the numbers will be.
- Google ghuz44Sounds like a lateral move. So your reason to move is not strictly TC based, thus the slightly edge of wish should not be a factor.
More about a question of specific team, projects to take on, office politics, commute, etc, all are very personal. Trust your gut feeling, you can always switch later.
- Congrats OP, great offers. I'm surprised you're only getting 450 at l6. I'm assuming you're swe. I'm l5 and nearing promo for l6. With stock appreciation I'm already at 410 so debating if going for promo next cycle is even worth it for me. With 5 I can easily change teams and rock it on new team but as a new l6 I'd probably need to stay in my area for a while.
- Groupon nishishabimoreCongrats OP! Tho I am too young to give you any advice, my long term goal is to reach such TC. Can you tell me what area do you work in?
- Dropbox / OtherRave JoemoreI don’t like either, but I’ll go to wish if I were you. I don’t think it’s great to work in a satellite office (assuming your Alibaba offer is in the San Mateo office)