- Facebook OfferSWE Base: $155k Bonus: 10% Level: E4 RSU: $250k / 4 years Sign-on: $50k How is this offer? Recruiter told me comp committee is saying base and sign o
Stripe / EngPowpowow
- Any experience on investing on Fundrise?I saw an old (negative) thread from September but would love to hear a new batch of opinions on it. Looking at that vs REITs. Thanks!
New / OtherHyuex43
- Do hiring committees mean you could apply to one position but you could end up in a completely different department?How does team matching work? I've never worked at a company that did it. Do you get to talk to your manager before you start?
- Is SOMA a good place to rent?Want to be close to work. But heard the place is dead at night. What’s the pros and cons of living in Soma?
- Mentor ApproachesHow do you approach someone to become your mentor? How should one eliminate most of the possible “No”s before asking to be mentored?
Capital One / EngJohnDoe12
- What is borderline candidate now?So new to this concept. The recruiter said wait for one week for the results. This is like getting friendzoned in a relationship. Suspense
- Changing companies after getting picked up in h1b lottery Can I change my company as soon as it gets picked up in the H1b lottery and not wait till October when it gets official? Will there be a problem in h1
- ELI5: Non-solicit agreementExample: I left FAANG co A for FAANG co B. Generally speaking, I can't do a job referral or directly communicate with anyone from co A about job oppo
Facebook / MGMTlebookface
- Two Sigma coding testHey I am about to take the Two Sigma coding test. Does anyone who has gone through the process have any tips for what to expect? Is there any specific
Bloomberg / Engbblitgo
- Indeed vs WalmartI have offers to intern as a data scientist at Indeed and Walmart. Which company is more reputable?
- Google SETI comp L5/L6 range?Cleared HC..Will mostly get a L5 offer would like to know the range for L5 and L6 SETI. Offer location MTV. 12 yrs experience startups/ms/amazon.
- Which demographic(s) buys Toyota Corolla ?? My impression is that it's a boring car most people are embarrassed to admit they own. But it sells a lot, so who buys it ?? Definitely not families
- Google L3 Offer EvalSWE role, 3 yrs exp Final offer Base 125k / 145k over 4yrs / 15% / 30k sign Location: MTV Is this a good offer? Thanks
- Applerouth is hiring tutors: flexible hours and high pay!Applerouth Tutoring Services is currently hiring in Seattle, DC, Virginia, Maryland, New York, and Atlanta. Applerouth helps students prepare for the
- Is it okay to request to delay the joining date for 3 days? I have accepted a new job offer and the joining date is day after tomorrow (2/21). It is not local opportunity, I need to relocate all the way from TX
- Preferred Configuration management tool and whyAre Google Cloud, MS Azure and Amazon using homegrown config management tools or are they using Salt or Ansible....and why?
Capital One / PMssassy
- Dublin/Pleasanton housing marketAnyone familiar with Dublin/Pleasanton housing market - Would you recommend buying a single fam house / condo there in 2018/2019 from an investment pe
- Is Product Management worth it?I have been working towards the goal of becoming a Product Manager and have found partial success after preparing 4-5 months. I have an opportunity to
- Cisco integrated services router team interview help - entry levelCan anyone help with what one should focus on for an interview with Cisco's integrated services router team? Position is entry level.
- Uber offer expectations2yr experience, did very well in screens + onsite, will have competing L4 offers from top companies / FANG. What is the TC range I should expect? Wh
- Recommend Full stack Digital Marketing Agencies or person?Need your recommendations! Firm/consultant should have experience with IoT, open source, & algorithm development clients. Services needed - Web desi
- Facebook onsite shadowed interviewMy dear fb friends, does it count into ur final interview performance?
- Why are places like Microsoft and Oracle considered bad places to work?Microsoft has an entire OS and full fledged office suite, not to mention an entire development ecosystem in .net. Oracle, similarly, is the developer
Chase / EngPit18
- Google Hiring and Compensation Committee ProceessExpecting to get a PM offer. Does the "committee" come up with an offer for total compensation? How does negotiating work in the Google process? Or
- Why people believe in “God”Humans went to moon, exploring space and we know how earth formed but why even intellectuals still believe in god. Not trying to troll any religion bu
- Apple, no wonder why all people are switching to Androidhttps://www.inc.com/erik-sherman/iphone-has-a-killer-character-problem-its-kicking-apples-brand.html
- Catch-up on 401k for 2017I have not hit the 18k limit on 401k last year, is there anyway to catch up on it this year before filing taxes ?
- Product Manager at GoogleI have an offer for a product manager role at Google. How is the role and its influence on the company? Is there enough visibility? Any product’s prod
- What will happen after RSU all vested?Is hr or my manger going to renegotiate a new rsu plan with me?
- How to build a gaming cpu?Couldn't afford a PC or console till now. How do I go about building my first PC. Do I even do this, over just buying a laptop? Call it naive but it's
Microsoft / EngStifler
- AMZN L7 Sr Manager, Product ManagementI received an offer to join Amazon as an L7 Sr Manager, Product Management. The expectation is to build a team but understand that this may take time
Amazon / MGMTimaws
- 21st Century, still we behave like cavemenAnger, hate, jealousy still prevails. Hormones still rule.
Google / EngFakir
- anybody who work at Quicken Loans? Have some questions about salary Interned at QL last summer, received return offer, might intern again if i can get a FT offer and if it pays well. Anybody know the full comp package
- Google onsite - what to do if you have already seen and solved this question?Some people suggest to say it out loud and get a different one. Some people suggest to fake it as if you haven't seen it. I am not a fan of faking any
- Which ETF fund should I invest?I want to sell my facebook stocks and diversify by investing in an ETF fund. Any tips or recommendations on how to do so or which fund to invest into?
Chegg / OtherLol12345
- Amazon base salary max?!Is it true that Amazon has a company wide base salary max? Is it a single max for every level and function, across all geographies? What is the max?
- Working at StripeHow is working as a software engineer at Stripe? From what I saw on Glassdoor, there were complaints of management being junior. Has that changed? I
Capital One / EngSCp087
- #metoo movement is about powerLook at Kevin Spacey case. It wasn’t about gender, but it was about power. Whoever has the power, which also can be a group of individuals who are maj
- I94 expired a week ago but my H1b visa is valid.My I 94 expires last week and I just discovered it. My H1b is valid for another 10 months and my pasport at the last POE also has the same date. What
- Does Lyft allow internal transfer to satellite offices after a year?I heard that Uber allows this and that the manager cannot necessarily block it. Does Lyft allow this? I want to work in Lyft but it seems that right n
Tinder / Enghfyehb
- Google commute benefitsDoes Google offer Caltrain passes and monthly subsidies like Facebook and LinkedIn?
Microsoft / PMContoso
- Airbnb yearly performance bonus for L3 engineers?Does Airbnb offer any yearly performance bonus for L3 engineers?
- LinkedIn Sabbatical/Recharge LeaveDoes LinkedIn have a Sabbatical Program like Microsoft or Recharge Leave like Facebook? If so, how does it work?
Microsoft / PMContoso
- Hyundai Elantra vs Toyota Corolla I am confused between the two for new 2018 models. Major use as a commute car. Need a low maintenance, reliable care for long run. My budget is only