- Amazon hq2 pick? Best guesses?So the 20 finalists were listed today. Any guesses on who’s gonna win?
Chegg / OtherLol12345
- Do hiring committees mean you could apply to one position but you could end up in a completely different department?How does team matching work? I've never worked at a company that did it.
- Indeed vs WalmartI have offers to intern as a data scientist at Indeed and Walmart. Which company is more reputable?
- Applerouth is hiring tutors: flexible hours and high pay!Applerouth Tutoring Services is currently hiring in Seattle, DC, Virginia, Maryland, New York, and Atlanta. Applerouth helps students prepare for the
- Is it okay to request to delay the joining date for 3 days? I have accepted a new job offer and the joining date is day after tomorrow (2/21). It is not local opportunity, I need to relocate all the way from TX
- Facebook onsite shadowed interviewMy dear fb friends, does it count into ur final interview performance?
- Working at StripeHow is working as a software engineer at Stripe? From what I saw on Glassdoor, there were complaints of management being junior. Has that changed? I
Capital One / EngSCp087
- Hedvig Inc How is Hedvig Inc perceived here? It's an enterprise storage company founded by an ex-FB engineer (who created Cassandra and Amazon Dynamo). I have he
- Work/Life Balance?How have you created work/life balance? What boundaries did you place? What were the results?
- Does everyone hate HR? Based on Blind/ hallway conversations/ my experiences, ppl at Amazon hate HR. Is HR hated at all companies or is this unique to Amazon?
- Looking For Referral - Microsoft New Grad PMAnybody from Microsoft willing to provide a referral for a Product Management role? I'm graduating with an MBA in the next few months and this particu
- Facebook PE -> Google SREI am a PE at fb considering a switch to google SRE right now, thoughts? Anyone worked both places who can give me the scoop?
- Do you keep your level if you drastically switch fields?Say I currently work in frontend and then I suddenly switch teams internally to backend or data infra. If I previously was E5 at Facebook/Google would
Airbnb / EngYuyuz
- Planning to resign within a week: how to stall a new project at the current position?Planning to give 2 week notice one week for now ( after signing written offer). Meanwhile, I am supposed to start 2 new projects next week and they s
- Ever have a signed offer fall though after already giving notice?Anyone have experience with this (such as issue with background check)? Did they let you stay or did you take another offer?
- Is I’m a Xoogler who is contacted by Xoogler recruiting does that mean I can easily come back?Wasn’t sure how things ended with my manager
- Good read on optimizing for the larger goal https://www.fs.blog/2018/02/winning-battle-losing-war/
- Turn down an offer after acceptingAnyone had the experience of turning down an offer after signing ? If you are moving with a different company could there possibility of loosing both
- Should I tell about it now?I am joining a new company next month. I will have to take around 25 days leave in May (25 days total, leaves can be fewer) for personal reason. It’s
- Is there a way to know feedback of amazon onsite interviews?Some one told me that there is a way for employees working with in amazon to check feedback of interviews. Is it true?
- Moving upLooking to grow. I've been incredibly fortunate to be in a demographic which enjoys a certain amount of systemic privilege. I've been promoted up th
- Amazon to MicrosoftDecided to leave Amazon this week. There are so many people going from Microsoft to Amazon - what about Amazon to Microsoft? Any insights, advice, war
- MSFT to FBDo you guys find it difficult after switching to Facebook from MSFT? If yes, why ? Is the work more difficult or there is just more work to do?
Microsoft / Eng@think
- If Blind got hacked...How much of a fuck would you give? Considering work email is tied to your username
- Barefoot Networks stabilityI know that it is well funded and the work seems pretty good too. Anyone working/has worked in barefoot networks in software? How good did you find
- Different stages of reject after Facebook onsiteMy understanding is: 1. Recruiter will directly reject you if he/she sees no hope your packet is going to pass the debrief/hc. 2. If packet is mixed,
- Facebook Seattle hiring bar lowered?Heard they are hiring like crazy. Has anyone noticed the hiring bar is lowering? Like previously you had to be flawless during onsite to pass, but now
- Facebook - Improvements in 6 monthsI got rejected by Facebook for software engineer I position. I was told it was close but they want me to try again in 6 months when they’ll have me go
- Interview dress code for Apple interviewI have an interview for H/W engineer at Apple. Please suggest appropriate dress code for male candidates
- L5 and Tech lead responsibilities Are L5 levels always offered with the responsibility of Tech lead role ? Or can an individual join at L5 without working as a Tech lead. Thinking of
- Alternative careerWhat is another career path that I can look into? Being a SDE is good but really takes a toll on my brain (too much dealing with teammates over trivia
- It seems that some discussion in blind not relate to job or career Also contains other topics such as politics,sex
New / DesignYABl21
- All business jobs just seem like bullshitSo I've worked in both strategy and marketing for the past few years and I can't help but feel like all of these business jobs are incredibly boring,
- Google to WaymoDid anyone move to Waymo from Google ? What is the process and how difficult is the move. Do they even allow it as an internal move ?
- Any Senior PM from Microsoft moved to Senior PM role at Apple?I see Apple Seattle growing and Apple is bringing some Senior PMs role down to Seattle. How different are the day to day job of a PM in Microsoft vs.
Microsoft / PMMacS
- Switch from AWS to Google/ Oracle / SnapI am a SDE I (fresh college grad) from AWS(been 9 months) and I really love my job right now. I am learning a lot and it’s really fun but I haven’t h
Amazon / Eng!dontpanic
Amazon / EngjeffbezosZ
- Interviewing at XWhat is it like to interview for Google X or X? What can I expect from a phone interview?
Intel / Designgatorade
- PollMy job title was derived from the group, not the role (e.g. Camera Engineer). Can I put Software Developer on my resume?Using "Camera Engineer" as an example, I would be developing internal software for the Camera Engineering Division that compiled manufacturing data.
New / Engcmra
- How long does it take to hear from recruiter from Google referral?From applying online via a Googler’s referral link to hearing *something*? I haven’t heard anything at all and I did apply for a job that was posted t
- Nutanix phone screen prep Have a phone screen coming up shortly . Is leetcode easy/ medium enough? Anything specific to focus on in ds ? Any guidance is appreciated !
- Start date for an offerWhat is a reasonable amount of time to ask for prior a new job? To move across country? How about just to relax?
- Possible to move from Technical Solutions Specialist III to SWE at Google?Is it possible to transfer? What about for SETI or Test Engineer?
Duck Creek / EngSerb
- Do all roles at Google get Stock?RSU quantity is obviously different, but do all roles get them? Including non tech.
Duck Creek / EngFat Dump
- Facebook Paternal PolicyHi, I am offered a job at Facebook. My wife is pregnant and due in 2 weeks. If I join Facebook after baby’s delivery, can I still take advantage of 4
- Mid 30s how to get into investment bankingI have a 13+ years of technology company experience and MBA from top 20 school. I am trying to get a job as a analyst or associate in investment banki